Luka x Reader 🐞

Miraculous Ladybug
Luka Couffaine x Reader
Wishing Bird

A lost miraculous that falls from the sky every 777 years with the stars. A simple wish to bring love to the world gifts you with the power of the hummingbird. But will you finally be able to find love yourself?
---

It wasn't that you were lonely, you were just. . . accepting that you had problems with talking with people who seemed way more, brighter than you. Take Dupain-Cheng for example. One of the most brightest girls at your school with a sun for a smile. Though she was a klutz and sometimes a sweet little fool, she did her best to interact with you every day with a wave or just a small little smile. To you, it felt great to interact with someone like that once in a while. You always just wanted a little bit more though, maybe to talk to her more or even just to be around her more. In all honestly, you have never felt so lonely before but you always felt like you were leeching off of others.

You felt slightly scared that, if you opened your mouth around her that she may not want to be your friend anymore so you took the initiative to just observe people at or around your school. So you would mostly watch over your friends, giving them unnoticeable little pushes. Like how you noticed that Mari liked Adrien so when she was trying to catch up to the bus that one time, you asked the driver to step on it so that she would have to get a ride from Adrien who was waiting for his ride. You would often manage to get Chloe out of the locker room with a few convincing words so that Juleka and Rose would be able to spend some time together. You would always help people back without expecting much of anything in return. No one really actually noticed that you had done it all for everyone, even pushed Chole and Sabrina to be better friends from the sidelines. In all honesty it felt good most of the time but you always get a gnawing feeling at the bottom of your heart.
"What if that could be me?" It was just a mutter of a breath as you walked away from another job well done in your eyes. As you had been walking away in a slight slump again, you just didn't notice someone who had seen your deeds from the canal.

A sweet song, a tune that reached your ears that had drew you in. You looked around and saw a boy sitting on the edge. He was strumming a tune at the edge as you walk closer. When his song comes to a stop, you almost freeze in your spot and was about to dart away when he noticed you. He gestures you over as you sit down by the canal. You felt bad that you disturbed him, but before you could say a single apology that you had carefully thought of a numerous amount of times in your head the boy had spoke.

"What's your name? I never quite caught it and I always wanted to ask one of my audience members that but they always fly away." His voice was sounded like it could be slightly cocky, but he his body language showed that he was a mostly chill and soft sort of person. Your apology was thrown out the window as the first thing you thought of was a slightly more guarded response that you didn't really mean. The way you had said it, it felt harsh but you didn't really meant it. It just, had spilled over and you couldn't really just take it back how it was.
"I didn't really mean to throw my name out there." You could see a slight flinch in his eyes that he had hide well, but you immediately regretted it. "Oh god, I'm so sorry- that didn't really quite come out the way I had planned. I uh, I'm just. . . sorry? I didn't know why I said it like that." As you gave him your name, you could feel his stare as you looked away from embarrassment. "Why are you the one who's sorry? You still tossed it over and look." He said, holding a small piece of paper that he had pulled out of pocket and written your name on it. "I now finally caught your name." You huffed a small breath of laughter that mostly was stuck in your throat. He was charming with his dark hair with blue ends, bright blue eyes, and a little grin plastered to his face.

Somehow, you managed to talk with him for quite some time without making a complete and utter fool of yourself. "Your gonna see the stars tonight? I heard that the meteor shower was going to cross paths with a shooting star." You nod, surprised. "Yeah, probably from the roof of my house. It's pretty easy to get up there from the window and speaking of my house-" you said when you suddenly got another text from your worried mother. "I have to head home now. See you later, uh. . . I never quite caught on your name?" It was as if he was planned for that- tossing a crumpled piece of paper to you. Unfolding it as you read it out loud, "Luka Couffaine. . . huh, see you later Luka!" You said with a little wave as you stood up and headed towards your home, a little melody playing as you left.