Giovanni x Reader 🔠

Epithet Erased
Giovanni Potage x Reader
E V A N E S C E N T pt 2: The Date

You never expected Giovanni Potage would ask you out of the blue, so when you guys decide to go on a date, nothing would have prepared you for it. Would you guys be able to go through a smooth date or would you guys have less in common then you thought?
---

You never really expected this of all things. Getting ready for a date with someone you only knew during that strange encounter in the museum. That encounter made you friends and fond memories. You got to know so many people and you actually somehow got on a date with a supposed "bad guy," known as Giovanni Potage. An Epithet with the power of butt-whoopin' and making a pretty mean bisque. Gosh, his etiquette was rubbing off on you.  Though you guys were such unlikely couple, you somehow got along so well. You honestly probably wouldn't have been here if wasn't for your youngest friend, Molly.

Molly was especially young for her but had the most mature advice, she even helped you file your taxes that one time- even though you were so adamant against it. You wanted to give her the opportunity to be a kid, wild and carefree. Though you both enjoyed each other's company. You had so much fun with each other and sometimes you girls would invite Giovanni over to hang out- who was he to say no? It was mostly for video games, or just talking but it was fun. And now you were here also consulting Molly's help for your date, as she put weirdly textured flowers in your hair that reminded you of cereal marshmallows. Honestly, your not sure where she got her stars but they were so cute and when you asked if she had more of different shapes, she pulled out this huge box filled to the brim of cereal textured flowers, hearts, stars, bears, and even tear drops. There was so many and she just asked which one as you just nervously pointed to the flowers as she immediately pushed your lumbering form from the entrance of your run down apartment to your bathroom.

To say that you were satisfied with your hair was an understatement. You absolutely adored your hair, with textured flowers as Molly fawned over your hair almost immediately. "Oh my! Your so-" She just casually took out her phone and snapped a picture without you looking as you were starring at the mirror. "Pretty. If you weren't about to go on a date with Giovanni- I would ask you to be my mom." Molly quickly hid the phone behind her back as you turned around to give her a hug. "Thank you, Teddy bear." As you both grinned, Molly made a mad dash for your room, and before you could stop her, she came back with a dress. She tossed it to you as you caught it as she closed the door behind her. "What- Gah! Molly! Are you absolutely sure you know what your doing?"

"Put it on! He'll like it!" She said with a giggle before leaving, skipping along your shabby apartment floors. It was a simple and short flowing dress that you forgot you had. You remembered that the only reason you kept it was because it twirled whenever you spun around and that it could turn into it's own one piece short body suit when you tucked the ends of the dress into designated pockets. You mostly used it for roller-skating, a small hobby that you had when you were a kid, but you still went from time to time. You haven't went in a while and it made you kind of disappointed that you couldn't do what you used to anymore.

But hey, now you were about to go on a date with the sweetest guys you know. As you pat down your dress and walked out the door, the doorbell rang. Which couldn't have been any better timing, so as soon as you got to the door- Molly had stopped you.
"Wait! Don't open the door yet! I wanna open it for you." You looked at Molly, as she grinned.
"Really?"
"Duh! Yeah really! It just makes things way more magical!" With a huff and push of a door, Giovanni was outside fumbling with his hair. His face flushed and his smile softened as he saw you at the door. "So I see your taking Bear Trap's look?" He had said, barely managing to get it out without a stutter as steam rushed from beneath his hair. You tuck a hair behind your ear as you stifle a laugh. "Sure, but unlike her being the stars in my sky- I'm a fluttering wallflower." He just smiled as he took out his hand. "Well. . . shall we?" You just smiled as you gave Molly a goodbye hug, she made you both take a picture before you left.