4. His Reasons

Enjoy reading.

_______________________

Life. Life is all about ups and downs. But my life has been on a downhill lately. A never ending downhill.

How ironic. I have everything yet I don't have anything. Manik Malhotra, listening to this name everybody has the same reaction and that is,"He is one Lucky Ass.
Money? Check.
Looks? Check.
Body? Check.
What else does he need?"

Well what if I say my life sucks? Everybody would laugh but it is the truth. A smile adorning a persons face doesn't mean that he is happy.

I needed somebody to whom I could talk freely. Frankly speaking I got one. I got her. Nandini.

I cant describe in words how I am feeling right now. I am feeling like I am using her. I am feeling so ashamed of myself. I hate Dad for doing this to me. I hate him.

Useless. That's the word he addresses me with. My Dad and I never got along well. He was always busy in his life and I in mine.

My mom who was the only reason behind Dad talking to me also left me alone in this cruel world.

I always tried to prove to him that I am not useless and that I can help him in anything and everything. But he never paid any heed to any of my attempts.

I always wanted his attention which I never got which lead me to do whatever he told me to. But I never thought that he would take advantage of it.

Flashback

"Shoot you dumbo shoot him," I screamed at my teammate. I am currently playing PUBG and am very, very furious. I can't understand why do people come to play when they clearly can't?

Aise hi muh uthake chale ate hai. Huh.

I was this close to winning but just because of my stupid teammate I lost.

I hate losing. Manik Malhotra always wins. But PUBG? Can't say anything about that.

"Come in my study right now," Dad peeked into my room and left as soon as he completed his statement.

I left my phone on the bed and started walking towards his study. Wonder what he wants me to do now.

I entered inside after taking his permission and sat on the chair in front of him. He was wearing his study glasses and reading some file very keenly.

The grave expression on his face felt like the calm before the storm. I was getting restless thinking of his demands now.

Maybe he is going to take away my phone so that I can concentrate on my 'studies'. No no no no how will I play PUBG then?

Oh Manik get over with your addiction with PUBG.

Nevertheless, I cleared my throat in order to get his attention and he looked up from the file. I raised one of my eyebrows as if asking what's the matter now.

He kept the file down and then kept his glasses down, too. He was taking forever to complete every single action of his. This felt like a never ending Slow-Mo video.

He tangled his fingers keeping both his hands on the table. After what felt like an eternity, finally he started speaking,"You have a small work to do Manik. As you know that Malhotra Industries is currently facing a huge loss in business and the shares have also dropped, we need some investors. But all the investors are refusing to give any money as they think that overcoming from this loss is going to be very difficult, almost impossible. But I am fully confident that if I get just a bit money then I can make Malhotra Industries No. 1 again."