6. The Confrontation

Enjoy reading.

_________________________

She has been quiet ever since the truth is out. It hurts me to see her like this but I have certain issues that I can't overlook. But that does not in anyway justify my actions.

The second half of the school was perpetual and so is the wait for the tuition to end. At least I could clear somethings out with her.

Things are not how I wanted it to be now. I didn't want to let go off Nandini but then life is too unpredictable. Sometimes you have to let go off of the most precious things of your life in order save it from the same destruction you have faced. In my case, I didn't really want to let go but now that I think of it, I feel like the earlier the truth would have come out the better it would have been for Nandini. And this truth came out like really early.

I loved her. I mean I still do so it was hell tough for me to digest the biggest loss of my life, my Nandini. But I don't think she loved me. If she would then I guess she would have said the three magical words the day she asked me if we could be like together. Don't get me wrong, in my sense that's how a normal proposal works. Although she did say she liked me, I just hope she didn't love me, or do I?

Argh I am so damn confused myself. All I am trying to say is that it would be better for her if she just liked me and not loved me.

Nonetheless, me and Nandini sat together as usual but she didn't spare a single glance at me. In fact, she was too much into her book and very much focused to what the tutor was tutoring.

Me, on the other hand, had my gaze continuously fixed on her. I didn't and still don't know if she knew that or not. Well how could she? She was too much into studying.

I just hope the 'confrontation' goes well.

*****

As promised, I didn't divert my concentration from studies. I could control my emotions pretty well in school but I knew it would be a bit difficult to do that at the coaching centre because the cause for my devastated state would sit right next to me.

Throughout the class I felt that somebody's intense gaze was fixed on me. Okay okay, I knew that I had Manik's gaze on me. Nevertheless, I didn't show it on my face and 'tried' to focus on what the tutor was saying.

Soon after the lecture was over, I walked straight out of the door of the class.

Good going Nandu. Just go with the plan. No talking. No glancing. Just walking.

"Stop," oh not again. That same familiar voice which I apparently 'loved' called out on me. Maybe I'm just gonna ignore that and walk straight ahead. Yeah that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Keep walking. My heart told me. Maybe because it knew that talking to him would hurt me more than I already am.

Face him. That's what my brain said. Because it knew that the more I run from him, the more it will get tougher for me to face him later on.

So I decided to listen to my brain this time cause clearly the opinions that my heart provided didn't work quite well. Why should I run when it is him who should run?

I turned back to see that Manik was taking long strides in order to reach me. I stood there looking at his innocent face. How stupid of me right? I still think he is this little innocent kid.

"Hey," he greeted.

"What do you want now, Manik?" I replied ignoring his greeting with a stern face, not wanting to show him how I actually felt. Whether I am sad or heartbroken or angry.