5. His Loss

Enjoy reading.

_____________________

I needed a day all by myself to ponder upon the happenings of my life. I needed to get away from all the faces that made me feel suffocated even with a single glance. I took a day off from school yesterday and was fully prepared for yet another tiring day.

How happening my life is. Isn't it?

In between all the chaos, the only thing which gave me my solace was her. I could go on gazing at her flawless face without a single complaint.

But now, I am not even allowed to do that.

I have hundreds of problems
1. I am in an unwanted relationship.
2. I am also in a relationship with the girl I love.
3. My Dad is the reason of all this.

And I don't want anymore problems to add on to this list.

Anyways, I got ready for school and left my not-so-homely home unaware of what's going to happen in the near future.

At the entrance of Space, I spotted Soha who was waiting for me to arrive so that we could walk till the class together. I hated her this habit but did I have any other choice? No.

Just when I was going to go and stand beside Soha, I saw Nandini looking at me from a distance. I felt as if something was just not right. I felt like something terrible was going to happen.

Without thinking about it much, I went in the classroom 'hand in hand' with Soha and took my seat. Seconds later Nandini too entered with Navya behind her. For once she glanced at me and her eyes held slight tears. I couldn't figure out what's happening. The look in her eyes, it was so different. It was as if something had hit her hard which she was just not ready to accept.

Navya, on the other hand, passed me a glare. Her eyes were spitting fire.

Something is definitely not right.

I looked at Nandini who was sitting on her usual seat looking out of the window and by the way she was looking outside without blinking even once, I easily figured out that she was thinking something deep.

While I was busy thinking what she must be thinking, I heard three boys talking about Nandini. The usual stuff like how cute she is, beauty with brain blah blah blah.

I felt like punching them left and right then and there but I couldn't even do that. I couldn't even protect my girl. I could do nothing for her.

Yet she chose to be with me.

She was always the popular girl in the class. Not only because she was pretty but also because she was equally consistent with her grades. She was great in sports like badminton too.

She always had a bunch of guys behind her who would do anything just to be with a girl as perfect as her.

Still she chose me.

I did nothing till date which would make her feel special in any way. Leave that, heck I am two-timing on her. I didn't even realize when time passed and it was recess already.

Soha came and sat beside me and the bench in front was now occupied by Dhruv and Cabir.

We were discussing about the upcoming India series with West Indies when Nandini and Navya came near us.

"Umm Manik could I have a minute?" her voice fumbled, pale face and low confidence was something I witnessed for the first time. Before I could reply to her, Soha stood up and went really close to Nandini's face.