9. Dream Girl

Sorry for the late update but things haven't been the best in Kolkata. The Amphan cyclone caused a lot of damage plus my pet, Choco wasn't well so I had to take care of her.

Long chapter ahead.

Happy Reading.

__________________________

It's Sunday and I have nothing to do! I am done with my badminton practice, done with all my assignments, done Netflixing. Done everything!

Arya, Navu and I were supposed to go on a besties day out but Arya ditched me at the last moment and Navya, well we haven't really talked after what happened in the library.

I am okay with them being together, it hurts, but it's okay. After all, Navya is my sister and Manik was a friend too.

He was way more than that.

But right now, my focus isn't them or him. My focus is on how to get over this boredom. I have forgiven and forgotten him. I am over him. I don't care if he lives or if he dies.

Wait. Ughh. I am not supposed to think about him.

"Nandu come down. Let's have lunch." Amma called me from downstairs and I headed towards the dining room. As it was Sunday, Appa was also there with us.

I sat down on my usual place and Appa was sitting on the head chair. Amma was still serving us.

Our house is big. Well, it's kind of a villa. A two-story home with a swimming pool and a lawn and five bedrooms. Perfect for a family like mine. Although we can afford a way better and bigger home, we prefer this, our home sweet home.

Amma sat down after serving us dosa and chutney. A typical South Indian lunch.

I was gloomy, eating slowly with a tired face. Appa noticed it and asked me, "Beta is there any problem? Anything you want to share with us?"

"No Appa, why do you ask?" I questioned him back.

"I am your father. I can understand everything just by looking at your face. Is something bothering you? Umm.. any boy problems?" Appa asked and it turned really awkward for me.

I was always that good girl who stayed away from falling in boyfriend kind of things and my parents knew it and now suddenly them asking me about my relationship status indirectly was embarrassing.

"I do not have a boyfriend in case you guys are wondering," I answered straight up.

"Beta, we know we haven't been that open with you but-" Appa was saying but I cut him off.

"Then why now Appa? Is it because now if I get close to some guy and that guy turns out to be your business rivals' son you'll be in trouble? It has always been business for you Appa." I burst out and bolted to my room.

I was sad. The people I rely on are always the ones to let me down. I love Appa, there's no doubt in that, but there's a certain kind of love that is missing from our relationship. He has provided me with everything I could ever wish for but not the love I craved for from my father.

"Kanna, open up. Appa is sorry." He banged the door. My cheeks were stained with tear marks and my eyes were watery.

He came back. For me.

Somebody actually came back for me.

I opened the door and hugged him tightly hiding my face in his chest. I hiccuped a number of times before calming down.