2: Counting Stars

Two weeks. Two weeks went by much faster than two weeks posisbly could. Well from me it was long, but normal two weeks for me were longer. This two weeks though went by in a flash, and I had packed up my stuff. My suitcases were packed along with my backpack, and I could not wait for the hydro-loop to come to pick us all up.

Correcrion: the Hydro-Loop was the name of the train station. A tram which was the ultra-fast speedy kind of train was what we were waiting for. Douglas had been texting me nonstop asking if he could do anything to make this whole experience easier. The whole experience was new to me. But it had one thing I always wanted: away from my mother and her gruesome ways. Mom had come with me to the send off and I wanted her to leave. Like right now.

"Now, [Y/N]. This is our opportunity to snuff the freakishness out of you. And I want you to try your best here. And I'll see you in Thanksgiving." Mom told me.

There was only one reason mom agreed for me to go to Davenport Academy. Seeing as I told her I would be going not under a Bionic kid like I actually was, I would be with the normal kids. I guess she thought that with me having to hide who I truly was and what I truly was surrounded by people like me, my Psionic self would be finally snuffed and I would no longer be something she resented.

"Bye, mom." I told her as the transport came up.

I loaded my luggage on the transport, all of my stuff. And you have to believe me when I say it was alot of stuff. But to be fair, I had shrunk most of my stuff to fit my suircase. And this includes my dresser and my desk and my bed. Not that my mom knows about that fact (but if she did, I would have been punished for it).

"[Y/N]." Mom said.

I turned towards my mother, the horrid disease of my effortless and worthless existence, and for a moment I thought I would be given something from her that I longed for. Something that wasn't just some evil word, thought, or punishment thrown my way. Something filled with love and appreication. I'm sad to say that none of it came my way.

"You're nothing. Remember that. So don't let anyone tell you anything differently." she told me.

Thanks for that painful reminder, woman who birthed me and did nothing else for me. I didn't give her a hug. Because hugs should only he given when there is some positive emotion and love thrown at you. She had never shown me either and I ran off to get onto the tram. Truth be told if she had shown just a spark of love or appreication for me and what I am, I would have stayed with her.

But then it would go back to the way it was before. Cruel and unnecessary punishment for what was sure to come. And I would have called Douglas almost immediately after the fact and weasled my way into this school. I frantically searched for a train compartment to sit down in. I found one. One with a girl with orange hair and another girl somewhat younger with black hair.

"Hi, can I sit here?" I asked the both of them.

I know what you are.

I stopped at that. Sometimes Telepathy comes without me wanting to use it. Such as this moment.

"What am-? So, can I sit here?" I asked them catching myself from letting too much slip, but it was too late.

"You have powers you can't explain right? Elle here has that same problem. We only came here to find out more about her powers." The orange haired girl explained.

We want to help you.

"My name is Jasmine. Jasmine Einstein, but you can all me Jazz. This is my sister, Danielle, but you can call her Elle. Everyone else does.  Please, sit." Jasmine told me.