4: Castle

Well, one crisis of my junior year avoided. Who knows how many more crises I will be having in the future at this "Bionic" Academy? Probably a lot more than just a regular normal school. But to be fair, now that I think about it, everything weird that happen at Mission Creek High was surrounded by Davenport-Dooley clan. Now, everything makes sense.

But anyway, Douglas was back from his day of doing errands for his brother. And we were having lunch in the cafeteria. I was eating Chick Fil-A while he was gorging himself on Taco Bell.

"Look, I'm sorry I missed your first day. So, what happened?" Douglas asked me trying to steal one of my waffle fries.

I smacked his hand away. "We almost died."

"You snapped and almost killed everyone?!?!" He exclaimed, a little too loudly for my liking.

"No! Leo broke a support beam after punching a wall. And we almost submerge because he made us fall into the ocean. And it was the first time I had to use my psionics in front of people. And the worst part is... Blayne saw." I told him.

"I'll handle it." He told me.

"Thank yu-." I said as Bree Davenport came over to us.

"Uncle Dougie, I thought Mr Davenport told you aren't supposed to be trying to experiment on the students. Any of them." she told him.

"He said I couldn't experiment on them in their sleep. He never said anything about talking to them at lunch to experiment on them later." I sure hope he's joking.

Bree gave a disgusted look at her biological father and proclaimed uncle before her eye fell on me. Oh boy. What did I do? Did she figure it out? Out of all of Davenport clan (minus Douglas who's the only one that knows currently), I would have expected Chase to be the first one not Bree.

"You're in Chase's class right?" A breath of relief. "I feel bad for you. He can be really irritating sometimes. I'm Bree. What's your name?"

I just blinked at her. What exactly was I supposed to say to her? My entire life my mother had drilled into my head that people like me have no friends. No one would ever care about me.

"So, are you just talling to her, Douglas?" Bree asked her uncle wirh a hand on him.

"It's a work in progress, Bree. I haven't even gotten her to say hi." Douglas told her, clearly lying.

I was trying to keep the charade that I'm a quiet person. Because a quiet person doesn't have secrets. Or a secret as big as mine.

"Be careful. He's creepy." I already knew that.

And with that, Bree walked away and sat with her three brothers. Is it just me or is the entire Davenport clan weird or in other words a little strange? I'm going to go with... no. No, it isn't just me.

"So, have you met any new friends?" He asked me.

"Adtually," I spotted Jazz and her sister, Elle, "I have."

"Really? Why don't I believe you?"

"I made friends with my roommate, Jazz, and she knows. I might as well tell her since I'm Bionic and she's my roommate." I said.

"You made friends without me. I'm hurt."

"We shared a compartment on the train. Which by the way is a lot faster than your brother said it was going to be."