christmas tree || fluff

setting: saihara's dorm
au: non-despair

every year, hopes peak high school had always held a special event for the holiday season. from things like baking cookies, sledding, to movie nights. but this year, principal enoshima decided to make this year's annual christmas event into a competition. each dorm would get their own tree and had to work together to decorate it from top to bottom.

luckily for saihara and ouma, they were already roommates, which gave both of them more comfort in doing the competition.

or so they thought.

"saihara-chan, no! put that ornament on this side so that one has more room," ouma shouted as he ran over to the taller boy's side and snatched the ornament right from his hand and walked back to his side to place it on a new branch.

"ah, r-right.." saihara looked over to the side awkwardly.

the leader pouted, "jeez, it's our first christmas together and saihara-chan is already ruining it with his terrible decoration skills!"

saihara chuckled lightly and placed his hand on his neck, "..s-sorry.. i've.. never exactly decorated a christmas tree befo-"

"what?! you've never decorated a christmas tree in your whole life?"

"..yeah.." he modestly admitted.

ouma stood there dumbfounded. how that was even possible?

"hm.. well, i'll help you!" the smaller boy smiled cheekily.

saihara tilted his head, "help..?"

the purplenette nodded, "yeah! like.. help show you how to decorate!"

"..i don't know.. the deadline is christmas and it's already the twenty-fourth, and if we waste any more time just so you can t-"

the smaller teen groaned and interrupted the detective's rambling, "don't worry. i'm gonna help you whether you like it or not, 'kay?"

saihara felt his heart flutter at his boyfriend's kind words, walking next to him to give him a soft kiss on the forehead.

"i'd like that." he smiled

ouma blushed but nodded, "yay! but first,"

he said before running off into their dorm's bedroom, coming back with a christmas hat, an antler headband, and cozy sweaters.

saihara laughed at ouma's playfulness and took the antlers that ouma had gratefully handed to him.

"merry christmas, ouma-kun."

"merry christmas, my beloved~"

merry christmas ( or hanukkah to people that celebrate ) everyone!

my christmas sucked so far but i got a worm on a string and named him huckleberry.

say hi or perish

letters: 395

12/25/19