chapter one

perilous; full of danger or risk
___________________________

ETHAN

FIVE YEARS AFTER THE INCIDENT

A tingling sensation made its way on my neck, the scent of a fruity perfume wafting through my nose.

Sweaty bodies moving against each other with the loud booming of the music, my vision was hazy, I could barely think straight let alone figure out what I was doing here. "You like that baby?"

Her voice travelled through my ear and out the other, barely paying any mind to what was going on, almost like I was completely numb the something so repetitive. It was all just the blur, the same routine every few days for the past years. "How about we take this upstairs."

Before I could comprehend any words my feet were being dragged towards the back of the place and to where the stairs were. The distant sound of the music getting gradually muffled as the door of the bedroom closed.

I felt myself sobering up a little so I took one
last chug of my cup, before I set it aside to focus on the scene in front of me.

The woman had dark brown hair and a bold red lipstick across her plump lips. Her tight dress outlining her toned body as she stripped.

My hands roamed her body, her glistening brown skin accentuating prominently from the dim lighting. "Touch me, Ethan." Was all she whispered, her lips attaching to my body.

"I want you, all of you." She faintly whispered once again.

My mind scowered for those words, those specific words that only one woman had whispered so lovingly, so significantly.

A woman I didn't want to remember.

"Stop." I whispered.

"Hm?" She hummed.

"Stop." I yelled, this time more loudly as I pushed her off me.

Her body fell to the ground with a loud thud, a sense of fear in her eyes.

Realization hit my eyes as I sighed. "I'm sorry I-" I say beginning to help her up.

"No!" She shouts getting up whilst grabbed her clothes. "Don't touch me."

I ran a hand through my hair with a groan once I was left alone in the room.

I was losing it.

Five whole years.

Five whole years and I still wasn't over her, over her scent, her touch, her smile, all of it still freshly engraved in my mind.

Yet I was still with married to a woman I didn't love. Not anymore.

I was a coward. I'm never going to change, I'll never be the man Veronica wanted me to be and I was finally accepting it, but I will avenge her.

I will find out the truth.

I unlocked the doors of my house, the cool breeze hitting me as soon as I walked in. A feeling I always got– unsettling rather than feeling homey.

My feet clicked against the marble floor, making a sound with each step, until I reached the double doors of my office at the far end of the house.

I took out the keys that always remained with me as I unlocked the door to be met with another small door, this time with a code.

No one could get through these doors but me and Grayson, the only person I could trust.

That person used to be Ava, until Madison led me to something.

After Vernoica had died, Madison was found in the basement of the hotel, almost beaten to death. The result of her injuries caused her to be paralyzed from the waist down.

That's something she can't recover from but she has been making it progress, great progress actually, she's been saying words here and there, not full sentences but enough for me to figure out what she was saying.

It was madison's phone that had a bunch of voicemails Veronica had left her. Without Madison having to tell me I put two and two together and realized she had most likely hidden her phone in her apartment.

Even she wasn't smart enough to raid Madison's apartment– well not thoroughly since she knew Veronica had all the evidence. But Mads and Ronnie were smart.

"Madison remember Ethan's exes? the ones that disappeared? He had flings with them AFTER meeting Ava, and the fact that this Christopher Brown was involved with each of the murderers? Doesn't it make it even more suspicious that Christopher Brown is an Alias? That's the name he goes by and what Ava calls him. Although I
don't have a clue what his real name is but listen-" She says before the line cuts off, followed by the last voicemail she left her.

"Madison, it's not what ethan did to make these girls leave it's what happened, i have a huge reason to think that-" Was the last thing she said before it cut off again.

I had been studying the news clippings of my previous relationships and every association I found with Christopher Brown.

I have every reason to believe my wife, Ava murdered my Veronica.

And I was going to do everything in my power to avenge her.

-

the first chapter is out omfg lmk what u think in the comments! don't forget to vote and stay tuned for future chapters ;)