Fourth year + THE spell

For Harry, reading was exciting. Especially when he learns something new about himself or ways to find his soulmate. That's why he was jumping for joy when he got on the train; he was going to tell Cedric that he found a way to find his soulmate! The only problem is that it takes a long time for the spell to pin point where he/she is. After it's done pinpointing where they are the spell would automatically drop them near where they are. Once he told Cedric about the spell Cedric asked if there were any dangers. Harry knew that for the limited people who did use the spell some disappeared off the face of the earth. But, Harry was willing to take that risk. Even for the slightest chance to see them he would take it in a heartbeat. He couldn't wait to try the spell when he got to Hogwarts. Cedric also suggested that he get an extended suitcase with everything he would need to survive for 3 months ( think of newts fantastic beasts and where to find them suitcase) while trying to find his soulmate. When Cedric and him got to Hogwarts they quickly went to the dining hall. After they got there it only took ten minutes before the first years were being sorted, but Harry's mind was drifting towards the spell and his soulmate. He was ecstatic! How couldn't he be, he was finally going to meet them! First he had to get everything ready with the suitcase and make sure it on his necklace before he does the spell because the spell could take anywhere from ten seconds to ten hours. It just depends on how far away they are.

When Dumbledore made the announcement that quidditch wouldn't be played this year and instead they would participate in the Tri-Wizard Tournament the whole hall went into uproar. Especially the Weasley twins. Harry didn't care about the tournament, all he wanted was to find his soulmate and be happy. It wasn't like he wasn't happy with Cedric and Draco. It's just that he wanted the full filling love of having a soulmate and being with them. As he got ready for bed that night he made a plan which consisted of him going to Hogsmeade and visiting Dervish and Banges magical equipment shop and getting the necessary equipment for his trip.
~
Before long two other prominent wizarding schools, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Durmstrang Institute, came to Hogwarts to participate in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. The headmaster and mistress of the schools both had a student which was they're "champion". Cedric was very popular and was the ideal champion that the whole house of hufflepuff wanted to be chosen four the tournament. While Harry didn't care much about the tournament he rooted for his friend and cheered him on.

When the day finally came to see which person would be picked to participate in the tournament everyone was buzzing and fidgeting in classes. Nobody wanted to be in class, they wanted to see who would be picked! Harry knew deep down that Cedric would win, why wouldn't he, he was strong, kind, and brave. So when the goblet spit out Cedric's name everyone was ecstatic! Even Harry who was to focused on the spell and made sure everything was perfect for it. But when another name flew out of the goblet after every school had its champion people were confused. But Dumbledore picked the name up anyway, he called out "HARRY!" His booming voice was like a shock to Harry's system. He finally got up from the table and walked over to the headmaster. The old man gave him a serious look and told him to wait with the other, when he got to the door he was terrified of Cedrics reaction and if he would stop being friends with him. So mustering up all his courage he opened the door and when Cedric saw him his face lit up. He asked Harry if they wanted them to come outside off the room they were in, Harry shook his head and said that he was apparently another champion. Cedrics smile slowly turned to a confused look while Harry's face slowly turned into one of dread as he thought he was about to lose a friend. Cedric walked up to him and put a hand on Harry's shoulder and immediately Harry was saying how he didn't put his name in the goblet and that he would never do that to Cedric. Before Harry could dig himself deeper in a hole of apologies Cedric put a hand over Harry's mouth and said that he believed Harry and that he would put his name in the goblet because he's to absorbed with finding his soulmate, this part was said in a quieter voice.

After everything was settled, Harry was going to participate in the tournament wether he liked it or not. Harry himself was in disbelief. First, his friend didn't say he cheated and put his name in and was still his friend. Second, he couldn't do the spell till after the tournament, it was severely disappointing to not be able to meet his soulmate sooner, or even be a little closer to finding them. But in the bright side it gave him more time to prepare.

So as the first task approached everyone from Hogwarts was cheering Cedric and Harry on! That surprised Harry, he though that people would be angry with him because they might have thought he lied about him not entering himself.

When Harry first saw the dragon he was scared. No other way to put it, how was he gonna get the egg with a huge scary dragon in the way! So as the dragon charged at him Harry put a concealment charm on himself as he tried to go around the dragon quickly. Surprisingly it worked, he got the egg without a scratch and the other eggs were safe.
—-
After the first task he made it his job to study as many defensive and offensive spells as he could. He also learned a bit of dark magic like flipendo. The second task was supposably harder than the first. 'Probably scarier' Harry thought. So he asked Cedric to help him study and practice with him. It worked in his favor as the next task was underwater, he put a bubble spell on himself and scoured the lake for what was precious to him. He encountered mermaids and they were atrocious. When he got passed them he saw Draco, he quickly cut Draco out of the seaweed that was wrapped around him and saw Fleur's little sister and cut her too. When they reached the surface after struggling with the mermaids Ffluer hugged him and thanked him.
——
With the third test nearing Harry became increasingly tired, he just wanted this year to be easy so he could preform The spell and be happy with his friends, that's not to say he didn't love hanging out with Draco and Cedric. It just that he was to caught up in studying for this stupid tournament that he barely got to see them unless he needed practice. But Harry couldn't wait anymore. He didn't care about the tournament, all he cared about was his soulmate. So before the third task he cast the spell. It took him all night and a lot of magic. And afterwards he was dead tired but felt relieved he finally casted it so he didn't have to have this weight on his shoulders that he could meet his soulmate sooner but was delaying it because of a tournament. After he casted the spell he wore his necklace that had his belongings that had been shrunken so he could enlarge them because he didn't know where he would end up. And wanted something that was accessible without being a hinderance.
The day before the task was nerve wracking. He didn't know what to expect. Would it be an obstacle course or maybe a match between contestants. He just didn't know. But he did know that it would be challenging and that he was ready. And so when they announced that it was a maze he kinda laughed on the inside, but when they said it was like a labyrinth he almost cried.
——
After many obstacles; Sphinx and some acromantula, he was official scared and done. He hated this tournament more than anything and just wanted to get back to daydreaming about his soulmate and hanging out with his friends. He literally couldn't see Draco almost all year due to him stress studying over the tournament. But when he finally saw the goblet he was ecstatic, no more stressing and a lot of free time. As he was walking up to the goblet he saw Cedric. He immediately slowed down and told Cedric to take the cup for himself. Why would Harry want to win this stupid tournament anyway? So after he and Cedric argued over who gets it Cedric finally agreed that he would take it. When he did Harry's heart stopped; right before his eyes Cedric and the goblet permeated away. Harry hurried to grab his wand and shoot to red sparks, 2 minutes after he didn't Professor McGonagall appeared and Harry was relieved. He informed her of the situation and she apparated them to Dumbledore where she quickly informed him of the situation. They both apparated quickly. Everyone was on high alert but after a couple of hours they came back and Cedric was with them. Thank god, Harry thought. The tournament was officially over and everyone was resting and recuperating from strenuous year. Harry was just glad this was done and he could focus more on his soulmate.
——
After the last couple months Harry has had this feeling that has been building up, he didn't know if it's the spell warning him he's about to transport to his soulmate or not but he's getting anxious. On this particular cloudy day he felt as if he was about to burst. He made sure everything was packed and that he had everything he needed in his chest/suitcase which was on a charm necklace. Around o'clock that night Harry felt strange, like when you apparate or portkey. Everything happened so quickly, he was surrounded by light and just as Harry was sitting on his bed he was gone without a trace off him even being there.

A/N: guys, it's been a minute. Finally got this chapter out. Literally had writers block for a long time and was like I need to power through! So here it is, it probably has some spelling mistakes which if you find leave a comment and I'll fix it!