Chapter 8

// Karkat's POV //

The week dragged by, and Friday came sooner than it needed to. There were plenty of excuses that Ive thought up over the week to get myself out of going to that dumb fucking party. Party's weren't my thing no more. You could they used to be, but they never shoulda been. My priorities were fucked up, like most teenagers. Sophomore year I was comfortable in my surroundings. I met people, not the best people, but back than what did I fucking know? Nothing apparently. But I had fun, and that was all that really mattered. I had no one to tell me no, to tell me to stop, and no one to make sure I stopped. But parties and doing dumb shit was all I did, and I thought it was the best time of my life, that I was finally living and nothing matter but that. Sophomore year my grades went from all a's and slowly dropped down to b's and than plummeted down to d's until they hit rock bottom and turned into f's. Teachers threatened that I was gonna fail the whole year, and I was gonna stay back if I didn't get my grades weren't above failing. Like I have a shit back than. When the year came to an end, and I was to stay back. But strings were pulled and I was to continue onto 11th grade. Summer of 10th grade was pretty dark. I was involved with bad people and bad things happen with bad people. It was some crazy, dark shit and I don't want to go into any detail. It was fucking messed up beyond description. Yet somehow I thought I was living the life and I never really understood myself why I thought that.
That continued on until one night in the cold of November. It was the first day of thanksgiving break, Novemeber 21st. I remember it all down to the littlest detail. Somehow I convinced my friends to come to this party I was goin to. They were afraid of the people I was friends with, if they admitted or not. But what teenager was gonna say no to a party?? That day will always be the biggest mistake of my life, no matter what other dumb shit I do. Nothing. It keeps me awake at night, gives me nightmares when I'm able to sleep and continues to haunt me while I'm conscious. And it's all because of my life up until the day. I fucked up my own future too. I did fucking jail time for it and a place like that changes a person no matter what your like. I wasn't in there for that long I got out the month before school got out, May. 5 months. I deserved it. Every single second of it.

So now you might briefly understand why I fuckin hate parties and why I'm not one bit thrilled to be going to one. The thought of falling back into a scene like that scares me. Scares me that I could be that kinda person again. It's not really a thing you can describe or write down on a piece of paper. There's no words to compare it to. Only a person who's been a part of it really knows what it's like. It's such a horrible thing. There's no word out there to be able to compare to the darkness, to the violence, to the shit you did. There's just nothing.

I didn't return to school that year. I couldn't. I felt like I couldn't. I felt like I couldn't be seen. That day I had finished my time, no one could pick me up. I don't remember how I got. Must have taken a bus or something. I don't exactly remember how far away the place was from the city but it was dark when I got there. Walking down the street to my apartment wasn't exactly a stroll down memory lane. Plus, I didn't live in the greatest part of the city. Rent was to expensive anywheres else and here was at least more affordable.

My thoughts were interrupted when I was yanked by the back of my shirt and pulled into an ally way. I was shoved into the brick wall. My eyes hazed out and couldn't seem to focus in on the person.

"Long time no see" the voice hissed, "How was prison bitch? You seem like they type of guy who drops the soap" You could hear the smirk on the persons face in there words.

They backed up, and I felt like I could finally take a breath.

"I got somethin you might like to see" they laughed, taking of there sweatshirt and throwing it on the ground, "wudda you think??" They flexed there arm, there robotic arm. Vriska. Fuck, she was gonna kill me.

"Pretty nice huh? and works pretty well too. Wanna see?" I didn't get to respond, not like she was gonna let me anyways. I felt it before I saw it. Her fist came in contact with my face. Than again. And once again. My nose was probably broken and I was bleeding because I could taste the blood in my mouth. I was praying I haven't gotten any teeth knocked out.

She was back up in my face before I could do anything.

"Karkat, karkat, karkat." She seethed, reaching into her pocket, flicking outta knife. Fuck. I really was gonna die. This was it. Always knew she was a crazy bitch but I didn't think she'd ever do anything. We never were on good terms but this was for real. This wasn't just cursing each other out. This was 'she has a weapon and intends harm'.

"Wudda shammmme." She sighed, pressing the knife up to my throat. "I've aaaalways wanted to do this to someone but it's to bad your the equivalent to a fucking baby you piece of fucking shit" she said, kneeing me in the stomach and I felt like I was gonna puke but I couldn't move.

She used the knife to push my chin up.

"Look at me, you shit"

The hatred in her eyes almost took me by surprise. It was so hateful but who wouldn't hate me. I ruined her life.

She dragged the knife carelessly across across my throat drawing some blood.

"You know I've thought about this day for a long longggg time. Dreamed about it even. So many different ways. It was so hard to pick just one. Skin you alive, drown you, or let you bleed out ?? It was so hard." The devilish smirk was still on her face. Suddenly she was up in my face, to the point were I could feel her breath on my face. "But than I just decided to let you bleed out. Skinning you was my first choice but I decided it was to messy" She laughed, pressing the knife harder into my neck.

"Happy first day outta prison you fucking loser"

The words rung in my ears. This was it. This was fucking it. This was how I was gonna die. Because of fucking Vrisks. I don't know why I'm so scared. I should known something was gonna happen. But even for someone like me, who's done horrible things and hurt people, is still scared of dying. My breath hitched. This was really it.

"Is there a problem down there" a voice echoed threw the ally, and Vriska quickly slashed my throat but not as harshly as she had planned and stuffed it in her pocket.

"No sir, no problem at all!" She said bending down to get her sweatshirt, slipping it on over head, "We were just talkin"

She took a quick glance at me, whispering,"Don't think this is fucking over"

She walked towards him, leading him away from the ally.

My hands shakily reached up to my neck, touching the cut and making myself hiss in pain. My finger tips were covered in blood. But that was the least of my problems at this moment.

Vriska was gonna kill me if it was the last thing she does.

/////////////////////////////////////

Just to make it clear that was a flash black !!!

But yeah update B))

Hope you guys liked it even though it was bad.
And there's probs a lot of errors but I'm to lazy to fix them right now.