~ S A K U Y A ~

- Scene 13, A Friend -

Cast:

Hyori - Sakuya
Rin - Masumi
Shiki - Itaru
Asuma - Tsuzuru
Iori - Citron

SCENE START!

"Iori...get out of here...go find Asuma" Rin struggled to form words as his hand clutched his wound. Iori shook his head.

"I won't leave you here with this guy" Iori said stubbornly as he glared over at Hyori.

"Oh? You're still standing? How admirable" Hyori said smiling wickedly at the sight of Rin struggling to stand steady. He had suffered a great deal of injuries and yet he still willed himself to fight, it made Hyori's skin tingle with excitement.

It had been such a long time since such an interesting opponent has faced him.

"Hyori...stop playing with the enemy" Shiki said and Hyori rolled his eyes.

"I won't be long" Hyori said and Shiki just gave him a look before walking off.

"You...why are you doing this? What do you gain out of this!? Just give Asuma back to us!" Iori yelled as he stood in front of Rin with his arms spread in a manner to protect him.

"You needn't worry about that pet. It's doing quite alright with us" Hyori said.

Rin growled and sent a heated glare towards Hyori.

"You sick bastard, don't treat Asuma as if he's some kind of plaything! He's our friend and you're not leaving here until you tell us where he is!" He yelled standing up to be next to Iori.

Hyori's smirk dropped as he saw this and he gave a menacing glare while placing his hand behind his back.

"Pests like you are what annoy me the most. No matter, your life is insignificant!" Iori's eyes widened as he saw the sword being pulled from behind Hyori.

"Rin!" He yelled and pushed him just as Hyori brought his blade out and stabbed Iori right in the stomach.

"Agh..." Iori fell back and Rin caught him with haste.

"I-Iori?!" He yelled. Hyori smiled and just pushed a piece of his hair behind his ear, unbothered.

"Well, that was unexpected" He said.

"Why would you do that?! Why couldn't you have just ran away like I told you to!" Rin said and Iori shook his head with a weak smile.

"Friends don't run when things get tough, and they don't give up. Asuma never gave up on us, he's out there waiting for us to find her...I don't want him to think we forgot about him..." Iori said.

"S-Shit...you're losing way too much blood. If we can just-"

"No...Rin, there's no time. If you don't hurry, Asuma will lose faith in all of us. Don't waste your time...go" Iori's hand laid limp in Rin's own and his eyes widened as his friend's life left him right in front of him.

"Hah...are you done? I don't have all day and it'd be an unfair fight if I were to attack you while you're down" Hyori said watching the two with distaste.

"How dare you..." Rin whispered as he placed Iori's body gently on the ground. The anger in him was overwhelming, but not only was he angry he was sad as well. Asuma would have never wanted any of this to happen and he would blame it all on himself.

Their home being destroyed, their friends deaths, and more importantly Iori's death.

"Tears? How pathetic" Hyori said readying his sword once again for another attack but he was unable to foresee what was about to happen.

"I'll kill you!!"

Hyori grunted as he flew back and crashed into the wall. A fatal blow laid in his abdomen and he couldn't feel his body at all.

'W-What? This pest...managed to make me immobile. How disgusting..." Hyori thought.

Rin breathed heavily as his body had grown tired from the energy surge that had just went through him and he clutched his chest as he let out a sob. The death of Iori was hitting him full blast now that he had taken care of the cause.

"Asuma...Iori...I'm sorry..."

CUT!

"T-That was magnificent! Perfect! Amazing!" You continuously showered the Spring Troupe in compliments after their practice run finished and you meant every single one.

Masumi's tears were spot on, Citron carried out his dying role perfectly, and you just knew Sakuya put his heart into being the perfect evil villain.

It was just all perfect.

Sakuya had came to you after hydrating himself.

"So, director...how did I do?" He asked shyly and you beamed as brightly as you could like a firework on the Fourth of July.

"You guys did amazing! I was so impressed! You really did a great job" you said and Sakuya just blushed as he soaked up as much praise as he could like a sponge.

He found that he always liked to be complimented by you, so he would often come after a practice or performance seeking your ever kind praise.

"I can't believe that you think that...I've always wanted to play a villain role but I didn't think I'd actually be good at it" Sakuya said and you shook your head.

"You stepped out of your comfort zone in order to achieve something that you've always wanted to do. If you ask me, you were more than ready to play this role" you said earnestly.

You truly did feel like Sakuya put his heart into the role. He memorized his lines even faster than Itaru! His determination to play this part perfectly is what made the performance ten times better.

"T-Thank you so much. That really means a lot to me" Sakuya said and by now his entire face was nearly the same shade as his hair.

You chuckled. Sakuya sure was cute...

"No problem. If there's ever anything you feel that you want to accomplish, just trust yourself. I know you'll be able to do it" you said and suddenly, Sakuya had become a bit timid as he tried to form his next words.

"Then, w-would you...like to go...o-out..-"

"Go out?! That's an amazing idea Sakuya! I'm starving after this practice" Citron said bathing into the conversation and Sakuya tried to say something in protest but he was already being dragged by Citron to the other troupe members.

You had a feeling that Sakuya was trying to say something different but you just decided to ask later. Maybe it was important?