~ T E N M A ~

Tenma wasn't sure of when his main objective had become not so main. He had simply just planned to check out the Bonsai's of a new flower shop that had just opened up but inside the shop was something much more interesting that caught his attention.

It was you.

You were a part timer that worked at the flower shop to earn some extra side cash but despite that, it was very clear that you loved your job.

He didn't know your name but the way your [S/C] hands gently saw to it that each flower gets the same amount of care immediately had him floored. Your [E/C] eyes only held warmth when gazing upon the flowers and that warmth never faded when you saw Tenma standing just outside the shop.

He remembered so vividly, the soft words that you had uttered.

"Would you like to take a closer look inside? I assure you, they look much prettier up close"

Since that day, no longer was he there to check on the bonsai's or even the other flowers that you tended to.

Each day, the two of you struck up different conversations. Whether it be from the meaning of flowers, to Tenma's acting. He was a bit sad that you weren't familiar with him even though he was a pretty famous actor but it only fueled him to ask you to come to one of MANKAI's plays.

When the time came to ask you though, Tenm found it pretty hard to rack up the courage to do so.

"Tenma-san, are you alright? You seem different today" you asked as you saw Tenma fidgeting nervously. It was very out of character for the boisterous male and you had began to think he was sick or something.

"N-No, I'm fine. I was just wondering...are you free? I wanted to...y'know, invite you to my play" Tenma said holding up the tickets nonchalantly while on the inside he was a puddle. He didn't know what he'd do if you refused.

Realizing that this whole time Tenma was just nervous, you giggled a bit before nodding and taking the ticket.

"I would love to. I can't wait to see the famous Tenma Sumeragi you so often tell me of" you said and Tenma huffed before letting out a confident grin.

"Don't underestimate me. You'll be mesmerized just like the rest!" Tenma said and you smiled.

"I'm looking forward to it"

The leading days to the play, Tenma was practicing non stop and even his troupe members had begun to notice his determination that was spiking through the roof.

"Tenma-kun sure is working hard recently...not that it's unusual but he just seems more...amped up?" Izumi said as she watched Tenma go over his lines for the umpteenth time.

"That good for nothing actor has been like this for a couple days now" Yuki said from his place next to Izumi.

"But doesn't seeing Tenma working hard like this make you fired up? I want to practice more now too!!" Kazunari said before running over to Tenma and joining him. Muku smiled a little.

He definitely agreed with that notion.

The day of the play had finally come around and Tenma couldn't stop his excited jitters although he did worry when he didn't see you in the crowd. There was only a couple minutes left and you still had yet to arrive.

"Oi. It's almost time to go up on stage, what are you moping around for?" Yuki asked as he saw Tenma just looking out at the crowd. Tenma coughed a little before nodding and following Yuki, just hoping that when the curtains went up, you would be there.

Meanwhile, you were struggling to find the perfect gift to give Tenma as a congratulations on his performance. Your eyes drifted down to your watch and you saw that you still had a couple of minutes.

It wasn't until you were ready to give up, that it hit you. The perfect present for someone like Tenma. You had quickly run to the shop in search of that present.

"Oh my, [Y/N]-chan, you sure are in a rush. Where are you going?" Your boss had asked and you simply gave the kind older man a smile before telling him that you'll explain later.

By the time you made it to the play, with your gift in hand, the play had already begun and because it was so dark, you struggled to find the perfect seat but that became the least of your worries when you heard Tenma's voice from up on the stage.

You were immediately pulled in to the scene as you stood at the entrance of the theater. Tenma's emotions had seemed to fill the entire theater. From the moment they left his lips and all the way to you, it resonated. You held on to every last line for as long as you could, afraid that if you were to let go, they would no longer reach you.

You weren't the only one like that, everyone in the theater was entranced by the powerful performance on display in front of them and when the end of the play came, everyone cheered loudly to let the actors know that they're words had reached them.

You approached Tenma after the crowd was gone with your gift behind your back. 

"So? Did I mesmerize you?" Tenma asked and you gave Tenma the brightest smile you could while nodding.

"Yes! Very much so! I couldn't take my eyes off of you!" You said and Tenma blushed at your straightforward words.

"A-Ah...I'm glad" he said. It was then that Tenma noticed that you were holding something behind your back.

"What you got there?" he asked and you gave an innocent smile before pulling the gift from behind you. Tenma's eyes widened and you pushed it into his hand.

"I know you'll take good care of it" You said and Tenma gazed fondly down at the bonsai plant you had handed him. An immense heat formed in Tenma's heart and if it weren't for his manly pride he thought he might have broken out into tears. 

He would take care of it no matter what because it was you whom had given it to him.

"Thank you..." ...I love you.