Chapter 17

Dan wasn't in the right state of mind still. He made his promise to Eve that'll he'll do better. Well, he's back being a detective and working on what he does best, but he's still isnt happy. He layed in bed looking up at the ceiling as Eve rested on his naked chest. Eve moaned softly as she still slept.

  Dan reminisced and suddenly, he started to miss Aimee again. He would see her every now and then, and she would wave at him with a small smile on her face. He exhaled thinking about her, how pure she is and sweet and patient she is. She never gave him any problems.
  " Does she have a boyfriend?" He thought to himself. He wouldnt doubt it, after all she's really attractive, good ass fighter, and have the softest lips. Dan looked over at him night stand and saw that it was 9 in the morning, still more than enough time before he have to do his evening shift at the precinct.

Eve was sound asleep, believing everything with her and her significant other was alright. But Dan thought otherwise, he was laying in the bed with the mother of all creation, while Eve didnt think too much of it Dan sure as hell couldn't let it go. Eve shifted to the bed more giving Dan opportunity to slowly move out of the bed. Dan grabbed some clothes, slipped them on and grabbed whatever he needed before heading out of his apartment. He knew what he was doing was wrong as he slipped himself into the drivers seat and drove off without giving Eve any knowledge that he was leaving.

He passed by a few houses, stopped at a couple of redlights before he finally made it to his destination. Destination of Aimee's two story home. It was quiet, still early, and a chill went up Dans spine as he made it to her porch. His heart was pounding and he didnt have all the words to tell her why he's there. Suddenly, while in his thoughts, the door swung open catching the owners eye as Dan stood there awkward. Aimee rubbed her eyes and looked at Dan confused.

" Dan-- w-what are you doing here?"

" Uhhh you're up... Early " Aimee laughed as she reached down infront of him to get a neatly folded up news paper stuffed in red plastic.

" I wake up at this time all ths time to get my paper." She informed.

  " Oh... Cool." Dan chuckled nervously.

  Silence fell between the two before Aimee spoke up.

" I know you didnt just come her for no reason. Why dont you come in?" Aimee turned around offering Dan entrance. Dan glanced at Aimees rear end admiring her firm plump butt in her tiny shorts, and she wore no bra under her crop top, giving him a peak of her goods. Aimees sleep state was evident and she just wanted to hear what Dan wanted to say to her before she went back upstairs for rest.

  " I came here to talk to you." Dan straightened up.

" Well, I know that but- what was it?" Aimee questioned. She began brewing up a pot of coffee as Dan tried to find the words to say as they were just stuck in his throat.

" Us."

" Us? What about us?" Aimee asked.

" Look, I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway before but... I just cant stop thinking about you."

Aimee's heart fluttered but her face was straight.

" But you're with Eve."

" I know that its just- My feelings for her isnt as strong as the feelings have for you. I've missed you so much, I cant keep it in."

" Daniel, I miss you alot. Its just, I dont want to hurt Chloe. Youre her EX."

" Chloes having children with Lucifer, their together she's moved on."