Chapter 18

Eve sat in the tub drinking some white whine with a slow tune radiating the bathroom. Her eyes were accompanied with bags under them and her face was stained with mascara, evident that she was crying. Two days, two days and Dan has went back to being distant and a jackass like before. Just in a snap of a finger he wasnt himself anymore, he was neglecting his relationship with Eve.

  Eve had nothing, she knew if this relationship ends, she would become homeless. She doesnt have any income and all of her savings has been depleted from all the bills she had to pay on her own. Eve gave a sad chuckle as she blew out smoke from her blunt. Not even the high she was experiencing was working. Nothing was working. She breathed in and once the air from her lungs came out it was more like tremble then anything.

   For years and years all she ever did was try and love, love her husband, her boys she failed knowing they were suffering in the pits of hell, Lucifer, and now she knew the only person that actually had a heart for her was Mazikeen. A tear fell as she felt pain and quilt creep up on her. The damned Demon, was the only being that wanted her selfish heart, but in Eve's mind, she was too stupid to see it. And all Adam, her ex wanted was to probably have a sense of control again so she wasnt going that way again and then again, she saw how he treated Mazikeen and grew very jealous of the odd couple.

  Sitting in a tub filled with cold water that contained little to no bubbles, she heard the front door close then shut letting her know Dan was home. She didnt move nor did she jump up at his sudden presence she just... Sat there, with a blunt in one hand and a glass of half consumed wine in the other. Foot steps stomped softly towards the bathroom until the door slowly opened revealing a suspicious looking Dan. It sat in his face that he stepped out on her once again.

  " I smell her on you all the way from over here." Eve calmly spoke. " Who's the girl?"

  Dan didnt have the exact words, he knew he did wrong and he knew lying wasnt going to save anything. He was being unfaithful, and Eve was suffering from heartache all over again. But what could he do? Tell her that everything will be ok and whatever she's accusing him of is nothing of the sort? He felt drained as well, stringing a good woman along knowing he has no feelings for her whatsoever.

" Eve we need to ta-

" Save that mess. Of we do. We always do. And I asked a question." Her tone of voice shook with aggression but stayed calm all throughout. Dan pearced his lips together and sat on his knees to talk face to face with the distraught woman.

" It's Aimee."

Eve chuckled. She knew it, she just wanted him to confess.

" Your ex. She had your heart the entire time, while I sit here and waste away in my thoughts on whether or not you still love me."

" I do still love you..... Just not in the way I do with Aimee."

Tears fell again again. The sound in voice was sincere, he love that woman all this time and played mind games with Eve.

" All my time on this earth after I escaped heaven, I thought everything would be much better. But God is just punishing me for my rebelling. Lucifer sure as hell doesnt want me, youre a liar, my best friend Maze is in love, the love I missed out on, and I hate Chloe. I hate everyone." A sinister voice radiated from the poor womans lungs. Her eyes glued to Dan in the most evil way making him gulp and kind of regret his actions.

" Im sorry, Eve."

" Dont say sorry. You weren't sorry when you havent came home in two almost three days. Sorry is when you're drunk or under some sort of influence and sleep with the girl by accident, but this was intentional. I hate it here. I wish I could've stayed in heaven, but me being me-- i wanted fun, excitement. To get away from Adam and now I'm here." Dan sighed as he saw Eve cry, it heart his heart but his feelings for Aimee remained the same. Nothing was going to change his mind about that. Eve was only suppose to be a one night stand, maybe just a good friend but it became something bigger and now he had to end it leaving the other party in pain.