One

Chase sits alone in the library, going through his fathers journal. He closes it, looking at the cover, studying it.

 He closes it, looking at the cover, studying it

"Father must've left something in here... right? He was an alchemist... but what is the code..?" Chase thinks, "He only used symbols and a chart..." Chase flips to a chart. 

"They're clearly elements, but are they instructions? His final mandates for me

"They're clearly elements, but are they instructions? His final mandates for me...?" Chase thinks, he sighs and closes the journal after looking at the time. He stands and leaves the library, he walks through the hallway. He walks into a class, unnoticed by his peers. He goes to his seat, the one closest to the window. "Class, settle down!" The teacher, Ms. Shuun, barks. Everyone slowly falls quite, as if awaiting some news.  Ms. S clears her throat, hiding her surprise, "As I'm sure you all know... the finals are over. Everyone passed, but of course, there are the two top student." Everyone mumbles, trying to figure out who the two are, "One is Alec Saint, the other.." Chase feels Ms. S's gaze, "Is Chase Ásbjörn." No body seemed surprised about Chase, he's always been the top student, and to everyone's knowledge he was a human. Alec Saint on the other hand, is a werewolf, an alpha werewolf. Girls tripped over themselves to catch Alec Saint's eye, some guys too. Despite their efforts, Alec would never give them a chance. Alec had his mind set on the one person who found him a nuisance; Chase Ásbjörn.

Chase sits in the library, ignoring Alec, who's try to get his attention, "Come on, at least tell me what you're reading!" Alec begs, Chase turns the page, met with an image that has been frequently repeating.

"Ignis, Aeris, Aqva, Terra... what do they mean...? They show up a lot... they must mean something.." Chase thinks, he sighs, "Isn't that Alchemy?" Alec questions, Chase nods, not able to ignore Alec anymore, "Your an alchemist..?!" 
"No, my father was. My mother was human, so I take after her. But, my father left this for me." Chase explains, not telling the truth, but not completely lying, "I'm still trying to figure out why..." Chase admits, Alec grabs the book, taking Chase's hand, Chase blushes slightly. Not used to his hand being held, "Try not to think." Alec says,  looking into Chase's navy blue eyes, "His eyes are.. so alluring..." Alec thinks, "Alpha Alec!" A girl calls, running into the library. Chase remembers her as a girl named; Elizabeth Pryor. 
"Hey Eli!" Alec greets, Chase pulls his hand away from Alec, sensing Eli's glare, "I'll be going, thank you for trying to help, Mr. Saint." Alec grabs Chase's wrist as he starts to walk away, "Hey, I didn't-" 
"It's fine, spend time with your Beta. You've helped me sufficiently." Chase says, pulling his wrist away and continuing on his way, "And... you're nothing but trouble to me.." Chase thinks, leaving the library.

========================

Dear Diary, 

I'm no where near to deciphering the code. Alec Saint has been interfering, bringing me unwanted scrutiny from my peers.  He's divulged his infatuation to me numerous times, despite my answer he's still accompanying me, annoying me. He's a nuisance. An inconvenience.  Naturally I haven't told him that I'll be gone in a few months and he won't notice a thing. Chase Ásbjörn will disappear again without a hint that I was ever real.