Beginning

It was just a regular day. Allura was walking down the street. As she neared an alleyway, she suddenly found herself being knocked into and falling down to the ground with something on top of her.

"Nngh... What the-?" She groaned then looked up to see someone on top of her. The person lifts themselves up a little, to reveal they were a young boy, with beautiful mocha colored skin, soft coco brown hair, and probably the deepest blue eyes she had ever seen. She blushed, entranced by this boy's beauty.

"Uh! Oh no! I'm sorry!" The boy apologized when he noticed he was on her. "I didn't hurt you? Did I?!" he asked frantically.

"N-no! I'm alright." Allura answered. Just then, a loud sound, like stomping was heard, and the ground shook, startling them both. "What in the world?" Allura asked confused, then noticed the boy's scared expression.

"Ah! It's going to get me!" He shouted as he looked at the alleyway he came from, where the shaking and loud sounds were coming from. Allura then noticed a large shadowy silhouette.

"What?! Wha-what is that?!" She said out loud.

"Please! Help me! I can't let it get me!" The boy pleaded. Allura could tell how scared he was. She looked at the approached silhouette, then up at the boy. She got out from under him and quickly took his hand.

"Quickly! Follow me!" She said and pulled the boy along, and down a hole in the sidewalk to hide. "Shh..." She instructed him and remained quiet as the loud stomping sounds could be heard. After some time, the noise quieted and eventually faded away. Allura let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding and climbed out of the hole, then helped the boy up as well.

"Are you alright?" She asked and the boy nodded. She looked to where she last heard the sound coming from, then back to the boy. "What was that? And why was it after you?" She asked. The boy looked down, then touched a hand to his head.

"I-I can't remember. Anything." He admitted. Allura gasped. He had amnesia.

"Do you at least know you're name?" She asked.

"Lance..." The boy answered.

~V~

Allura opened the door before her, and found herself on some sort of platform made up of strange blocks. She walked onto the platform and yelped when she nearly fell off the edge.

"What? Where am I?" She asked herself then noticed she was in her whitish pink silk nightgown. "Wha-What is this?!" She exclaimed and tried to cover herself. She then heard a noise and looked over the edge to see the bottom blocks of the platform falling. "Wha-What's going on?!" She exclaimed then heard a voice.

"Hurry up and climb!" The voice said. It sounded like a male's.

"Wh-who's there?! Where is this?!" She asked in return.

"Save your breath and start climbing! If you fall, you'll die!" The voice urge.

"D-Die?!" Allura exclaimed then noticed the falling blocks again and started climbing up the blocks when she heard the voice again.

"Move the blocks around to make a path. You can only move one block at a time right?" The voice said. Allura was unsure, but she then started to move the blocks around when she started hitting dead ends. She found a few different blocks, one she could move, others she couldn't, and a bunch combined together.

"Listen carefully, because this is important." The voice suddenly said. "These blocks aren't normal. They'll lock in place and support your weight, even they're only connected by the edges." The voice explained. Allura moved a block to an edge, but it didn't drop. Like the voice said, it was connected at the edge.