New Day, New Development

Allura gasped as she awoke. She sat up, panting hard. Once again, she had a horrible nightmare, and once again, had no memory of it.

"Hey! Hey babe, are you okay?" Allura whipped around to see, Keith?!

"Wh-why are you here?" She asked, shocked.

"You weren't returning my calls, and I needed to see you." He answered. "Anyway, are you alright? You sounded like you were having an awful nightmare." He said and gently rubs her back. Allura sighed heavily.

"Yeah, but I don't remember what it was about." She admitted.

"That might be for the best." He said in a comforting tone.

"Maybe." She agreed and Keith hugs her. Suddenly, from next door, a guitar was heard playing.

"You got a musician neighbor or something?" Keith asked, gesturing to the wall.

"Huh? Oh, yes. He performs at the bar." Allura replied.

"At least wait a little before practicing man, there are some people who like to sleep in after all." Keith said, then sighed. "At least it's a lot better than before." He said while rubbing the back of his neck, confusing Allura.

"Before? You've heard it before?" She asked.

"Yeah, the last few times I've been here, dude was here playing. At least it sounds better now. So it's not too annoying." Keith replied. "I'm gonna take a shower." He said and got up. "You can join me if you want." He with a seductive tone and Allura blushed.

"Oh! No! No! No thank you!" She replied embarrassed. Keith laughs and goes into the bathroom. Allura sighed and rubs her head. She got up from her bed, then hears her door bell. "I'll get it!" She called to Keith as she heard him step into the shower. She quickly grabbed a robe and tied it on, then opened the door.

"Hey, Allura." The woman froze, seeing Shiro standing there. "May I come in?" He asks. "Wait, is someone here?" He asks when he hears the shower. Allura was internally panicking. She quickly pushes Shiro out the door and close it. "Hey! What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-It's nothing! Romelle crashed here last night, and she's taking a shower, so..." She quickly lied. Shiro blushed.

"Oh, uhh... Yeah, that'd be awkward." Thank god he bought it. "Anyway, I got this for you." He said, handing her a takeout box from the café.

"Thank you." Allura replied, taking the box.

"Oh, and this was in your mail." Shiro added giving her an envelope. Allura took it and opened it to find it was from the hospital. She read the results. "Allura?" Shiro asked her, when she froze.

"I'm pregnant." She replied. The tests confirmed it.

"That's amazing." Shiro said, then noticed her down expression. "Not?" He asked, but she didn't reply. "Allura, is something wrong? If you're not ready yet..."

"Oh!" She said, snapping out of it. "Th-that's not it!" Lie. "It's just, seeing the results, it, somehow reminded me of mother." She admitted. That part was true.

"Oh, I see." Shiro said. "It has been, two years now, right?" He asked.

"Yes, and the anniversary is coming up." She said, saddened.

"Hey, how about we visit her and do something social then?" He suggested.

"I'll see about that." Allura said.

"See you later." The man said and leaves. Allura watching and completing.

~V~

*Phone Dialing*