Chapter 1 - New Orleans

An all too familiar pounding took over my head. My head throbbed with the feeling of my heartbeat. I placed my hands in front of me taking in every line and shape that was foreign but familiar at the same time. I used my arms to push myself off the ground of an unfamiliar bedroom. I looked to my right and saw the body of a frail girl whom I just sucked the life out of. I slowly make my way over to the closest mirror still feeling weak. I looked at my reflection and standing in front of me a carbon copy of the lifeless body next to my feet. I adjusted my new long locks and straightened out my shirt with a smirk. Another successful transfer to a new host body.

I've spent the past few hundred years switching from host to host running from the Originals. By taking over the bodies of various humans, through magic I was able to hide my identity for short periods of time. I hear a quick knock at the front door. I open it to see my best friend of years— Leo. He shakes his head at me disapprovingly. He extends his hand to give me a little twirl taking in my new look.

"Don't you get tired of running Y/N?" He asks stepping inside looking at the lifeless body on the floor.

"Come on Leo you and I both know that you appreciate whenever I do this," I say pushing the nameless girl's hair out of her face revealing her neck. Before I could say another word Leo is clawing at the girl's neck relishing in his first meal of the night.

"Don't forget to get rid of the body," I tease. With the wave of my hand I make my way out of my new home closing the door behind me.

Something about the colorful nightlife of New Orleans made me drawn to it every time, but I knew better than to be drawn to stay for longer than a week at a time. It was too dangerous for me. I quickly walked down the street avoiding eye contact with people, trying my best to remain invisible. I hear a rush of wind behind me and quickly turn around grabbing the figure's wrist with a twist.

"Woah woah Adeline chill out it's me," I look up to see a guy I didn't recognize. I searched my brain and remembered seeing a photo of him in the girl's room that I now looked like. I search for some sort of identification on him and see his work badge clipped on the waistband of his pants. Tom Stevenson. I put on the best fake smile I could muster.

"Sorry Tom," I say sweetly. "You know how jumpy I get at night."

"Yeah you could say that again," Tom says with a laugh throwing his arm around me. While he details his day I grab my cell phone and text Leo. I type out S-O-S Obsessive Boyfriend. I think, hitting send. I immediately get a response from Leo Be there in 5.

Tom and I keep walking before stopping outside a bar that was too familiar to me.

"Why are you sto— " Tom starts before being cut off by the snap of his neck. He collapses onto the ground and I'm greeted by a wide smile on Leo's face.

"Could you be any more subtle?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Could you be any more subtle?" he asks gesturing to the blue Rousseau's sign in front of the bar.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I reply. 

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

"Alright everyone now for the big surprise for the birthday girl Y/N," Klaus says with a smile on his face throwing his arm on my shoulder enveloping me in a small hug. A small action that always made my heart flutter.

"Klaus I told you not to get me anything," I say pushing him in the chest lightly knowing that I couldn't actually hurt him no matter how hard I tried. He laughs a little at me and gestures towards the door of Rousseau's. Elijah and Hayley bring out a cake with my face on it and everyone starts singing Happy Birthday. I force a small smile.