Chapter 4 - Sami

"You thought you saw me die Y/N," Sami says. "Cause that's what I wanted you to remember."

"What do you mean what you wanted me to remember?" I ask her angrily.

"I compelled you to forget," Sami responds handing me a cup of blood. "You were human at the time and I was able to compel you to forget." I push the cup away from me.

"How come I didn't remember when I turned?" I ask.

"I had the help of a witch," Sami tells me sitting down across from me. "She made sure you wouldn't find out."

"Now why would she help you?" I ask.

"She didn't want me to kill her family of vampires," Sami tells me fidgeting with her hands.

"Sami how can you be killing your own kind," I plead.

"We're monsters Y/N," Sami says. "We shouldn't be allowed to roam free like this it will only hurt more people. Just think about all the innocent humans who have been hurt since the original vampires. Thousands probably millions."

"Vampires were once innocent humans too," I continue.

"Emphasis on once Y/N," Sami states. "You once hated them too, Y/N. I can't believe you're one of them now. All high and mighty by Klaus's side of all people. Remember when you tried to kill him?"

"You know I had no choice," I tell her.

"Or did you?" she replies with a smirk.

"You didn't, did you—?" I start.

"Compel you to stab an original vampire? Maybe I did, maybe I didn't," she laughs. "It was for your own good Y/N he's a terrible person. He was changing you."

I speed over to Sami pushing her against the wall, "You had no right."

"I wouldn't do that Y/N," Sami says pushing me off her onto the ground. "Don't you remember I'm older than you?" In a swift movement, Sami pins me on the ground and ties my hands together.

"God Sami I thought we were friends," I struggle against her grip.

"We were before you got involved with them," Sami responds. "Now you're going to make great bait." Sami shoves me onto the couch. "Stay there and don't move." She reaches for my phone in my back pocket and disappears out of the front door.

"Are you kidding me," I whisper to myself attempting to wriggle out of the ropes around my wrists. They were way too tight. I sigh sitting back down on the couch hoping someone come helps me soon.

Klaus's POV

"Don't you guys think Y/N has been in there for a while?" I ask worriedly attempting to listen inside the building. All of us stood outside of the inn waiting for Y/N to leave.

"We all know Y/N can handle herself," Damon says staring at the door to the inn. A girl with long blonde hair walks out of the front door. "That's her that's the hunter." We all immediately crouch down behind some shrubs.

"Do you think she saw us?" Elena asks.

"Doubt it," Caroline replies.

"I think all of us coming looks highly suspicious," Damon says.

"Well no one wanted to stay behind," I point out. "It looks like she's headed towards the Grill."

"Me, Bonnie, and Elena will head over to the Grill to check it out," Stefan states. "Klaus, Damon, Caroline, Leo stay here."

"But I want to go confront the hunter too," Caroline whines.

"No one is confronting anyone," Stefan replies. "We're only going to be looking at her from afar." Stefan, Bonnie, and Elena head off into the direction that the hunter went.