Chapter 2 - Reunion

"What did you think was going to happen showing up here?" Damon asks ordering a drink from the bartender for me. I take a sip of the rum and let out a little sigh.

"I just wanted to see him," I reply stirring the ice around in my drink. "I was hoping to see all of them, but someone blew my cover." I glare at Leo.

"I knew it was a bad idea from the start," Leo chimes in before taking a sip from his own drink. "Plus I'm not the one who's obsessed with a bracelet from years ago and refuse to take it off."

"What are you doing here anyways Damon? Shouldn't you be back in Mystic Falls?" I ask Damon ignoring Leo's snide comments. Even though I hated to admit it, Leo was right. I was obsessed with my past even if I tried to convince everyone otherwise.

"You shouldn't be the one asking questions Y/N," Damon replies. "You want to tell me how you look like this?" He gestures to my outer appearance, "And don't tell me you've aged because you look like a completely different person."

"I made a deal with a witch the night of my birthday," I explain. "She promised to help me conceal my identity so I could run from Klaus if I was willing to help her."

"What did you do?" asks Damon.

"I turned her daughter who was dying," I reply sadly.

"So what happened to your actual body?" Damon questions.

"I take it everywhere with me," I reply laughing. "I keep it in a coffin waiting for the day I could finally stop running."

"What is with everyone in this city and keeping bodies in coffins," Damon responds. I just shrug not really understanding what he was referring to.

"Well you've been caught by Klaus now Y/N," Leo says. "The whole Mikaelson family probably knows you're here now. You're either running or staying here."

"I think I'm going to be staying here for a bit," I say. "I have unfinished business."

"I was desperately hoping you weren't going to say that," Leo groans. Leo never did like the Mikaelsons and he hated the lively atmosphere of New Orleans. He was more of a small town countryside kind of guy. I get up dragging Leo and Damon by their arms.

"We've got a body to return to," I say with a smile.

"How did I get dragged into this?" Damon asks rolling his eyes. "I have more important things to do than help you with a makeover Y/N."

"I highly doubt that," I respond not taking no for an answer.

Hours later I woke up from what felt like a deep sleep. My head hurt, yet again. I reach over to my nightstand and take a large gulp of water. I sit up looking at the vanity mirror across from my bed. I was myself again. My Y/H/C hair and Y/E/C eyes almost foreign to me having not been myself the past few decades.

"The princess awakes," Damon says tossing me a blood bag. I take a few sips feeling satisfied and energized. "You look great. Better than I remember."

I roll my eyes ignoring Damon's compliments, "Thank you for the blood, but shut up."

He laughs as I push past him to the bathroom. My New Orleans apartment was one of the places I missed the most when I was on the run. Everything was still in place as if no one has stepped foot inside in ages. Dust collected on the bathroom sinks. I blow gently on the surface dust flowing into my mouth and nose. I cough a bit.

"That was extremely lame Y/N," Leo says standing by the door frame. "Even for you, but you do look great, so I'll let it slide."

"This is why you're my best friend," I say with a smile.