Chapter 3 - Road Trip

"So how did you guys meet?" Damon asks not taking his eyes off the road. Klaus shifts uncomfortably in the front seat. I sigh a bit not in the mood to take a trip down memory lane. I look out the window watching the trees pass by. Silence. "Alright forget I asked," Damon responds. I feel Klaus's eyes on me but I continue to look out the window refusing to make eye contact. It was so hard to see him again after all these years. After what I did to him.

"Y/N needed my help one day and I saved her," Klaus begins. "I didn't even know her at the time."

"You and I both know that's not the full story Klaus," I say with my arms crossed. I hear him laugh a little.

"Well that's how I know this is going to be a good story do tell Y/N," Damon says.

"Klaus's hybrids kidnapped me because they thought I was someone else," I sigh.

❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊❊

"Alright Y/N," my friend Sami states holding up two dresses. "Pink or blue?" She holds up both to herself looking in the mirror.

"You'd look good in either Sami," I tell her. "Do I really have to go to this dance?"

"Come on Y/N," Sami replies tossing the blue dress to the side. "Do it for me and the super cute guy who invited me to this. Plus it's a masquerade ball you're a sucker for those."

"Knock knock!" I hear at the bedroom door. I open door to see Leo in a mask and a fitted purple suit. He removed his intricate mask. "Almost didn't recognize me huh."

"Sure Leo," I say laughing.

"Why aren't you dressed yet Y/N?" Leo asks. Sami throws on her pink dress which fit her like a glove. She looked like a real life princess with her blonde curls.

"Don't you guys find it suspicious that this random family we don't know invited the whole city to a party?" I ask rifling through the dresses that Sami laid out on the bed for me to choose from.

"Come on Y/N," Leo says. "Don't try to make an excuse not to party at one of the largest homes in New Orleans."

"You never know Y/N you could meet the one," Sami chimes in.

"Fine fine I'll get ready," I laugh feeling defeated. I knew there was no way to talk my way out of this. I grabbed a light cream dress off the bed and ran to the restroom to change. I walk back into the room, doing a little twirl. Leo and Sami start clapping and I roll my eyes at them. "You guys are ridiculous."

"Come on let's drink to this joyous occasion! Y/N going out at night for the first time in months," Leo hands me a drink and we all do a quick cheers before heading out for the night. I gulp the champagne. Boy was it strong.

After a short walk, we make our way to the huge house that I always walked past. I've always been curious what it looked like inside and now I was finally going to see. As we walk in we are met by a huge crowd of people talking and enjoying their time.

"Cute guy 5 o'clock," Leo says in a sing-song voice. He quickly runs off towards that direction, but not before grabbing a drink off a table nearby.

"Typical Leo," Sami and I say in unison. Before Sami can say anything else, a mysterious guy appears seemingly out of thin air.

"Sami you made it," he exclaims.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world Kol," Sami flirts. "This is my friend Y/N." Kol extends his hand to me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you Y/N," he says.