Chapter 5 - Katherine

"Why the hell did you do that Damon?" asks Stefan angrily.

"Well we weren't making any progress just sitting around idly," Damon says.

"I think a few of us should keep watch over Sami while we wait for Katherine to show up. Prevent her from killing anyone," Klaus states looking around the room. "Caroline, Elena, and I can go do that while Damon, Stefan, Bonnie, and Y/N can hang around and wait for Katherine."

"Who made you the boss?" Damon questions.

"Let's just do what the hybrid says," Stefan replies holding his brother back. Caroline, Elena, and Klaus make their way over to the Mystic Grill to watch Sami. Klaus turns around to give me a worried look before walking out of the door. I silently reply with a smile.

"I don't know how Katherine knows Sami," I sit down on the Salvatore's luxurious couch.

"Honestly Y/N, how does Katherine know anyone?" Damon replies. "That girl has more life experience than all of us combined."

"Katherine and I were pretty close a couple centuries ago, but she not once mentioned Sami," I tell them. "Sami and I were friends, I saw with my own eyes that she refused to transition and she died. After that happened, I met Katherine. If they knew each other she would've mentioned."

As if on cue there was a knock on the front door. Katherine.

"Oh my do I hear my sweet Y/N on the other side of that door?" I hear Katherine yell from the front porch. Stefan walks over to let Katherine in. Katherine quickly speeds over to me. "So this is your real look." She circles around me pulling a strand of my hair jokingly. I push her hand off of me. "Pretty hostile way to greet your old friend Y/N."

"Leave her alone Katherine," Damon says walking up to put space in between Katherine and I.

Katherine smirks, "Y/N you always did have the bad boys wrapped around your finger. Don't you remember—"

"Look what do you know Katherine," I say refusing to let the situation draw out any longer than needed.

"I know lots of things Y/N. But first, I sure could use a drink," Katherine speeds over to the alcohol collection. I roll my eyes at her, typical Katherine. She pours herself a little drink and notices half a blood bag on the table nearby. She pours that into her drink as well.

"Katherine quit playing games," Stefan says. "What do you know about Sami?"

"Why don't we all pay her a visit?" Katherine replies with a smile. "I mean it's her story to tell not mine."

We all file into Damon's car which soon filled with awkward silence. I avoided Katherine's gaze as she sat next to me in the backseat.

"Damon, Stefan," Katherine sings. "You both look amazing as always."

"Don't even start Katherine," Damon says. Katherine pouts slumping in her seat.

"It was worth a try," Katherine laughs a little. "Y/N, I've missed you truly."

"Well I can't say I return the feeling," I reply coldly.

"Y/N come on this was centuries ago," Katherine says referring to the moment where she betrayed me.

"You used me Katherine," I tell her. "Just like how you use everyone."

"I'd be careful with my words if I were you Y/N," Katherine warns. "I am friends with a hunter."

"Bitch," I whisper turning my attention to the window.

Damon and Stefan both look confused as they stare at the situation unfolding in the rearview mirror. "Oh look yay we are at the Grill," Stefan says attempting to diffuse the situation. He hops out of the car as quickly as possible. I follow quickly to get away from Katherine. I see Klaus, Caroline, and Elena sitting outside of the Grill. I walk up to them with Damon, Stefan, and Katherine following closely behind.