Violet Blueberry

Willy had us stop at the inventing room. Everyone got out raising a brow at the room. As you and Charley were getting off Wonka had offered you a hand, which you took shyly.

"Welcome to the inventing room. Go ahead and look around, but please try to not break anything." Wonka said walking into the room.

You and Willy were walking around with Charley as he pointed out machines while guessing what they were used for. Charlie had gotten most of them right, leaving Wonka impressed, and you proud.

"Hey Mr. Wonka, what's this?" Violet called out looking at a machine.

"Watch this." Willy whispered to you before walking to the other kids. "Let me show you." He flips a switch.

The machine makes some loud noises and shakes a bit. Then at the end a single gum is put out.

"That's it?" Mike asks unimpressed.

"Do you know what it is?" Wonka asked back.

"It's gum." Violet said casually.

"Yeah. It's a stick of the most amazing and sensational gum in the whole universe. Know why? Cause this piece of gum is a full three course meal all by itself." He finished with a laugh.

"Wow." You said impressed.

"Wow indeed." He looked in your eyes. You blushed lightly and looked down to Charlie, who was holding in a smirk.

"Why would anyone want that?" Mr. Salt said, noticing the moment you and Willy were sharing.

Wonka looked kind of nervous and began looking through his note cards. Finding the right one he read, "It will be the end of all kitchens and all cooking. Just a little strip of Wonka's magic chewing gum and that is all you will..." He flips to the next card. "Ever need at breakfast lunch and dinner. This piece of gum happens to be, tomato soup, roast beef, and blueberry pie." He finished, looking up at the group.

"Woah." You breathed out, impressed.

Wonka smiled at you.

"It sounds weird." Veruca deadpaned.

"Sounds like my kinda gum." Violet took out her gum and put it behind her ear.

"I'd rather you didn't. There's still one or two things-" Wonka was interrupted by Violet.

"I'm the world record holder in chewing gum. I'm not scared of anything." She said loudly, before shoving the gum into her mouth.

"How is it honey?" Mrs. Beauregarde asked proudly.

"It's amazing! Tomato soup. I can feel it running down my throat." She said excitedly.

"Yeah. Spit it out." Wonka says, clearly holding back his anger, with a fake smile.

"Violet, maybe you should-" You tried to get her attention.

"It's changing." She interrupted you. "Roast beef, with baked potato, crispy skin and butter." She described.

"Keep chewing kido. My little girl's going to be the first to have a chewing gum meal." Violets mom bragged.

"Yeah. I'm just a little concerned about the-"

"Blueberry pie and ice cream!" Violet cheered happily.

"That part." Wonka's face took one full of worry.

"What's happening to her nose?" Veruca asked. Making everyone stare.

"It's turning blue." Mr. Salt said quietly.

"Your whole nose has gone purple." Mrs. Beauregarde told her daughter.

"What do you mean?" Violet asked touching her nose.

"Violet! You're turning violet!" She said worriedly. "What's happening?" She asked Willy.

"Well I told you I didn't have it quite right, cause it gets a little funny when it gets to the dessert.. I'm terribly sorry." He ducked away.

"Violet spit out the gum." You quickly handed her a tissue from your bag.

She took it and spit the gum into it, but it didn't stop. Everyone, including Violets mother backed away. You stayed next her her and tried to call her down.

"Mother? What's happening to me?" She looked at her hand and her eyes went wide.

"Hey it's alright. Everything will be okay." You tried reassuring her, but Wonka grabbed your arm and pulled you away as her clothes began to shrink, or rather, she began to grow.

"She's swelling up like a blueberry.." Charlie said grabbing yours and Wonka's hands.

Wonka said he'd "tried it on like twenty Oompa Loompas and each ones ended up like a blueberry." Causing a following conversation between her mother and Willy. But you weren't listening. The only thing you could focus on was the poor girl and how she must feel.

"Don't worry." He whispered in your ear. "It's not as bad as it seems. I promise." He smiled at you.

Wonka called for an Oompa Loompa and had him take Mrs. Beauregarde to help her daughter... After the song of course.

"Well. Lets get moving." Wonka says briskly walking out if the inventing room, with you, Charleys hand still in his. You smiled and walked behind the two as Charley quietly conversed with his hero.

Sorry about any mistakes and taking so long. Honestly, my hearts not in this anymore. I'll still update, but they will be slowww. My apologize.
818 words