0.2

"And our captain is..." coach paused dramatically, but we all knew who it was going to be. "Jeremy!" Thunderous applause filled the locker room, and congratulations followed.

"And our vice captain..." coach began again, once we had quiet down. "Zacharias!" I wolf whistled as loud as I could and pulled Zac into an one-armed hug, our teammates joined us and it became a group hug; Zac and I being the exact middle of it.

"Congrats!" I pulled him down so I could shout into his ear over the noise of our exultant teammates.

"Thanks!" He shouted back. Turning to face me, his messy brown hair brushed against my face, it was surprisingly soft. He jerked back suddenly, and I frowned.

Kean, our teammate who played as the middle blocker shouted, "Party at my house tonight! Everyone is invited!" Cheers broke out again and it somehow were even louder than before. Our coach shook his head exasperated; he was used to our constant partying and didn't mind as long as we performed well in practices and games and don't get caught.

"Okay since you all have plans, get out of my locker room." Coach shouted over our excited chatters, waving us away, shooing us out of the locker room.

"You or I drive tonight?" I asked Zac as we all shuffled out, some lingering in the locker room but we didn't dwell with the others.

"You can drive," Zac said, "or if you want to get drunk I can drive?"

"It's okay I'll drive. I got drunk enough times during summer,"

Zac laughed, "okay sure,"

I drove Zac home, telling him that I would pick him up at around 10, and drove back home. Once I arrived, I began my calculus homework, which was not hard but time consuming. By the time I finished all my homework for the weekend, dinner was ready.

My younger sister, Emma was still texting on her phone when we all sat around the table.

"Emma, put your phone away, we have to say grace first," my dad chided.

After furiously typing for a few more seconds, she finally put her phone down and we said our prayers and could eat.

"I'm going to a party tonight with Zac," I said, as I scooped some mash potatoes onto my plate.

"Me too," Emma said, grabbing the potatoes from me.

"Seriously, you are invited too?" I said incredulously.

"Yeah, everyone is invited. It's Kean's party! Who can not go?" She said with a smirk; the smirk that people always commented on saying that it looked exactly like mine, which I completely disagree.

"Aren't you too young to attend a party?" I said pointedly, glancing at my parents. They continued eating and watched our banter with amusement.

"You go to parties at my age too! And I'm almost 15," she scowled at me.

"You let her go? Seriously, mom?"

"I let you go when you are 14 too, it will be unfair if I don't let her go," my mom replied calmly.

Emma gave me a triumph smile and I stuck my tongue out at her, she rolled her eyes, "childish," she muttered under her breath, loud enough just for me to hear it.

I kicked her under the table, she kicked me back.

"Kaden, Emma," my mom cut in, "if you guys don't stop, you will both be grounded and not allow to attend."

That shut us up and dinner continued on normally, with casual conversation between us like always. After cleaning the dishes, I went back into my room to get ready.

Taking a shower and styling my hair carefully, I wore a denim jacket and jeans with a white shirt. Grabbing my wallet, keys and phone, I went downstairs. Emma was waiting for me in a pair of silver stilettos with her signature red miniskirt and black tube top, her blonde hair curled and red lipstick on.

"I don't remember promising to drive you," I went into the garage with her tagging behind me like a duckling following its mother.

"Well, mom said you are driving me so," she shrugged and got into the passenger seat.

"That is Zac's spot," I glared at her. She rolled her eyes and got into the backseat.

Sighing, I started the engine and drove to Zac's house.