1.8

The news spread like wildfire, the following Monday, everyone was staring at us, blatantly or sneaking glances at our entwined hands. But no one said anything, and when we went to our locker room to change for practice, everyone erupted into cheers and surrounded us, turning it into a group hug.

"KISS KISS KISS," Blake screamed suddenly and everyone joined in the chant.

Laughing, I leaned down and captured Kade's lips, I could feel his smile against mine. A few seconds I pulled away, but then Kade pulled me down again and the whistles got even louder.

"It's practice for god's sake, Zacharias, Kade, get a room, or not because you have to practice first," coach came in and shooed everyone out to the court.

On the way out, coach said quietly to us, "I'm happy for you guys, anyone gives you problem you come to me okay?"

"Thanks coach," I managed to choke out. I never imagined how much support we would have. I always thought everyone would shunned us, be disgusted but all our friends and family were so supportive, it was all so surreal.

Practice passed in a blink of eye, the pre-season would start in a month and our first competition was in within the first week. Everyone was nervous yet excited. Luckily, it was only against Etger Revan high school, one of the weaker schools. I was a hundred percent sure that we could beat them and probably keep their score a single digit.

After bidding goodbye to everyone, and receiving some teasing, we finally went back to Kade's car. The ride was a silent one, both of us still nonplussed, that everyone had accepted us and not a single judgement. Yes people stared but more out of curiosity, none were revolting.

Kade and I are together and everyone knows, no one minds. Kade and I are a thing now.

"We have never been on a date," I said, as we arrived to my house.

Kade gave me an amused look, "are you finally asking me out?"

"Kaden Zaveri, will you go on a date with me this Saturday?" I said dramatically, fanning open my arms, waiting for an answer.

"Hmnn, since I have nothing better to do, I guess I'll indulge you," he said nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes, typical Kade. He smirk and gave me a quick kiss before I got out of his car and he drove off.

Happiness was the only emotion I felt until I realised that I had no idea what to do for the date. "Fuck," I swore under my breath.

Back in my room, I paced around and desperately search on google. Kade and I had literally already did everything together.

Amusement parks? Every single year.

Movies? All the freaking time.

Drive-in movies? Currently there were no interesting enough movies.

Eating in restaurants? Almost been to every single one in our city, besides it was not special enough.

Arcade? We had already beaten every single game there.

Cooking? Been there, done that.

Swimming? It was getting colder, besides we just went last week.

Ice skating? Both of us were as good at it as we were at football. Not at all.

Star-gaze? I looked at the weather, it would be cloudy all week and might even rain. Great.

Laser tag? Paint ball? Too far away, besides only a group of people would be fun.

The problems of dating your childhood best friends were that there was nothing you could do as dates. What we normally would do were to play video games and make out; not exactly date worthy.