Chapter 4 - Unexpected

I got along with my classmates pretty well. It wasn't a hectic week like how I predicted it since it's only the syllabus week. My professors gave me the criteria and outline of the subject and house rules for the rest of the semester. 

Our school starts on September and ends on December. Yes, trisem so it's short and compressed unlike other universities with just 2 semesters a year. I hope my professors won't give us a hard time. Kuya Kelvin, my second brother, told me that Business Studies is really interesting so I'm really looking forward to it.

The weekend was approaching. It's friday and my last class ended at 2:30pm.

"Tara night out later? Meet at 6pm?", ani ni Drea.

"Sure! It's been a while since I last sneaked out. Exciting ngayon kasi di ko na kailangan magsneak out. I'm almost as free as a bird,"

"Nice. That's why I already like you. You seem like the type of person na laging g sa plans!"

"Ops, not really. Baka ngayon lang ", I said, trying to be cautious to not let her invite me to her plans frequently. Diba sabi ko magiging good girl na ko? Hehe.

Keith was already walking towards us when I was talking. I tried so hard to not notice him but his aura was just sparkling like there's a spotlight at the top of his head. Nakangisi siya habang nakatingin sa palagid at naghihintay na mapansin namin siya ni Drea.

"Hi, any plans for tonight?"

"Sige Heather, later okay?", sabi ni Drea habang malagkit ang tingin kay Keith at paalis na. 

Ako ba kausap neto o siya? Ganon ba kahilo yung mata non? Tsk.

Ngumiti naman ako at kumaway nang naglakad na siya paalis, "Okay, see ya!".

"How I wish you'd smile at me like that too, Heather."

He was staring at me while he told me that. Napawi ang ngiti ko at nairita kung bakit nanaman ako iniistalk nitong lalaking to. Ano bang gusto nito? I'm not the same Heather as I was before!

"Yes, I do have plans tonight so if you'll excuse me", nagsimula na akong maglakad papunta sa parking lot nang sabayan niya ko maglakad.

"Okay then can I join you and your friend? I'm interested in whatever you guys are up to."

"We're going to get our nails and hair done for 5 hours." Nilabas ko ang aking cellphone at nagopen ng social media. Nagscroll ako ng twitter saglit, trying to distract myself that there's a goodlooking guy next to me. I don't flirt anymore, okay? Okay.

"Oh...", he hesitated to proceed with the conversation since he knew that it's gonna be silence for most of the 5 hours. Of course, it's a lie because I knew that would make him withdraw.

"Well then, bye."

"Wait!", hinawakan niya ang aking siko at pinatigil ako. Tinitigan niya ko sa mata, "Can I really? I'll pick you up. What time?"

"No and not telling you.", ani ko nang nagbabadya nang maglakad ulit pero pinigilan nanaman ako.

"Come on, it's not even an exciting evening but I'll go,

"No. It's supposed to be a girls' night out", I stepped forward, smirked, looked at him in the eyes and asked, "Are you a girl?"

He moved his face closer to mine and said, "No, but if that means that I can go with you tonight, I can pretend to be one". He crinkled his nose and close his eyes after poking my nose. I swear to god does he think I'm a kid????

"So where are we going tonight?"

"Whatever. I'll message you the address if I feel like inviting you."

"Okay I'll wait for it or else gonna hunt you down. ", he started walking down the hallway and looked back and winked at me. "Bye. See you later, princess"

oh god. I teased him only to be teased back. I think I just really met my match