Total Opposites pt5

PART 5/6

____

"Why though?" You asked. Generally confused.

Kirishima thought about what he was about to say.

"I guess it can be like...a boyfriend hoodie..." He trailed off. His cheeks turning the same shade as his hair.

You could feel your cheeks burning. You had to practically pinch yourself to see if you were dreaming or not. Trying to collect all your thoughts together , you came to a realistic conclusion.

"Careful saying that stuff so carefree...I might actually think you're asking me out." You laughed. Surely Kirishima didn't mean anything by what he said. He sees everyone as his bros and nothing more.

Kirishima flinched slightly at your laugh. He began to fiddle with his fingers. It was clear that he was trying to think of what to say next. His lips parted and he took a short breath in.

"What if I was actually asking you out?"He spoke with a soft voice. It was almost a whisper.

You were stunned. A loss for words. You opened your mouth to attempt to come up with some form of response. Instead you just sat there with your mouth hanging open and you stared in disbelief at the boy seated in front of you.

He fidgeted under your gaze. The situation was getting more uncomfortable by the minute. That was until Kirishima broke the silence again.

"Before you answer and if you don't mind, could you follow me for a sec?" He asked as he rose up from his spot. Reaching out his hand for you to take.

Before you could process everything that was going on, your body moved on its own. Your hand gently rested in Kirishima's. The second your hand was in his, you heard a small gasp escape his lips.

"Sorry. I still can't believe how soft your skin is...it's fascinating." He explained.

All you could give in response was a small head nod.

Kirishima pulled you up from your seat and lead you away from the porch of the dormitory. He walked without a word. His gaze was fixated in front. He seemed incredibly concentrated. You could feel his hand squeeze yours with each step taken. You looked up at him and stared at his beautiful hair in the wind. The moonlight had made it easy for you to see his face and admire each feature. Normally you wouldn't stare at Kirishima for this long, but he was a long way from noticing where you were looking.

"Where are we going?" You questioned as he led you around the corner of the dormitory.

"Around the back." Was his response. His voice was slightly shaky.

You take a quick glance at your surroundings, noticing a rustle in the bush nearby. You squinted your eyes to see if any animal would come out. Instead you noticed two yellow horns pointed out at the top of the bush.

Before you could say another word, Kirishima had pulled you around the last corner. The two of you stood. Looking out at the back of the dormitory. Your jaw dropped.

Before you lay a small picnic blanket, surrounded with different pillows and candles that had been placed in mason jars . There was fairy lights hanging in the trees and bushes that gave the area a warm feeling. There was a small picnic basket placed on the blanket, surrounded by an assortment of flowers. Red petals had been placed in the 'pathway' that led towards the blanket.

"Holy heck..." You whispered under your breath.

Kirishima tightened his grasp around your hand. Tight enough that you could feel his skin merging with your own. You looked back up at him. His gaze had moved down to you. He had a small, awkward, smile plastered on his lips.