December 9, 2019

☀️ = Sol
🏋🏼‍♂️ = Alex
😈 = Byron
💕 = Lachlan

~•~

Heart = Owned
7:24AM

Hubba Hubba🏋🏼‍♂️
Good luck in your exams today, sweetheart!

Sunshine☀️
You'll absolutely smash them, baby

Bye Bish😈
msg me when you're finished and we can go out to for celebratory lunch !!!

a whole bb💕
❤️❤️❤️

~•~

Alex sets his phone down once he's certain Lachlan is in the exam room and returns to the parcels around him.

It's not often he works in the office as he's normally given delivery shifts - which he prefers - but he does enjoy the peace of being away from the outside world occasionally. Somewhere he can sit and think about his life, about the direction he's going. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in the mailroom, that's for sure.

As a kid, he had bigger ambitions. Hell, when he was 5 he wanted to be Santa Claus. Now, delivering parcels everyday, he amuses the thought of his childhood wish coming true.

But still, it's not the life he sees himself living long-term. At twenty-three he  knows the world is at his fingertips, he's just unsure about the direction he wants to go. Sometimes - most of the time - he feels slightly inadequate around Sol, Byron and Lachlan. Each of them have a direction, a dream. Sol found his in law, Byron in journalism, and Lachlan in history.

And, fuck, Lachlan. My sweet has come so far since the first time we met.

The memory brings a soft smile to Alex's face. It took another six months after that first encounter for them to meet again, Alex just happening to stumble across him in a busy part of the city. He'll never forget the date, either. February 9th, 2018.

The bell above the door chimes as Alex steps into the cafe. While the sun offers a warm glow in the cold weather he's relieved to be in an actual building filled with the smells of fresh pastries and coffee. He eyes the lines of cakes and muffins in the glass cabinet as he steps into line, reaching for his wallet and wondering what Sol and Byron might like as an after-lunch dessert.

His eye catches on the four muffins sitting on the front counter. Chocolate, blueberry, apple-cinnamon and white chocolate and raspberry. Their individual favourite flavours... plus an additional one.

Alex frowns, trying to decide quick as the line moves up but his thoughts are interrupted as the bell chimes again and somebody runs into his back.

"Shit, sorry sir, I wasn't, um--"

Alex blinks at the familiarity of the voice. Glancing over his shoulder, he's surprised at the wide blue eyes that stare back at him, and even more surprised as the man squeaks and steps away.

"Oh. I... Hi." Lachlan twists his hands into his shirt, cheeks reddening, and Alex can't help but smile.

Lachlan, the last man they invited into their bed six months ago. Alex remembers the wild night. Remembers the way Lachlan brought a new kind of joy to the bedroom.