Chapter 2: Euphoria

"Look carefully at the card. Now you see it,"

In less than a second, the card disappeared from Taehyun's hand earning a round of gasps and 'Ooh's from us. "Now you don't."

"Where did it go?!?" Kai blatantly gasped, stood up, and rotated his body a full 360 degrees, looking around the room in search of the magical card.

We laughed at Kai's natural humor while Taehyun playfully hit him on the knee, clearly had become a laughing mess. The youngest male immediately turned to the magician in the room, pouting at him and stomping his feet like a child (and he's still a child, no doubt).

"Come on Taehyun! You gotta show me where the card went." Kai whined, falling back onto the bed as that pout never left his face.

Taehyun shook his head at him. "Really Kai, it's easy to spot where the card would go."

From my perspective, Kai looked rather intrigued, almost as if I could see his ears rise in curiosity. "Really??"

Taehyun chuckled. "Yeah of course. All you have to do is to look at the card," he reached to the back of Kai's ear and pulled a card from it, "and voila!"

"Wow!" Soobin and I awarded Taehyun a warm round of applause while Kai remained to be bewildered from the trick, unable to process how Taehyun was able to do that.

"H-how?" Kai questions, looking as if he was trying to comprehend the science behind Taehyun's trick. I mean, all of us do but Kai was the only super curious one if I had to say. "Taehyun-ah, how were you able to do that?"

"A magician never tells their secrets, Kai." Taehyun winked.

Once again, it wasn't the answer that Kai wanted to hear leaving him to pout at Taehyun again in disappointment. "Meanie."

"You're getting better Taehyun-ah." Soobin complimented. "If you continue this maybe you can finally pull a rabbit out of a hat."

"Or maybe give Kai here some common sense 'cause he's gonna need it." Blocking my mouth from Kai's view with my hand, I whispered as softly as I could to the other two.

We stifled our laughs, clearly enjoying teasing the youngest. However, it seems that Kai had heard me, "y'all are meanies!" Which explains why he had suddenly whined. He crossed his arms over his chest and huffed a disappointed breath through his nose. We burst into a fit, and at this point, his adorableness is what made me crack up. Soobin made an attempt to move closer to him and to take hold of his hand, trying his best to assure him and obviously failing as he couldn't hold back the succeeding laughs.

Soon enough, Kai, too, joined into the laughter. Probably because he either found it funny as well or just because he wanted to play along, any other way, there were no hard feelings. We were just having fun and by the end of the day, these little jokes and teases that we make towards each other would (and should) mean no harm to us. 

Right now, we were hanging out at Taehyun's house since it was a weekend and because we were all free today. We played video games, we chatted with one another (basically spilled some tea), we watched a movie together, and now, since it was nearly the end of the day, Taehyun decided to share with us the new magic trick that he had learned recently.

As it was nearing the end, it also meant that it was almost time for us to head home. It was the sad bit that most people hated whenever they hung out with friends, the fact that the fun would soon come to an end because of the time of day. Because of time, this hang out of ours had to be cut short. But despite this, we were able to make memories that we would carry out throughout our lives; beautiful and wonderful memories that have marked our lives in a special way.