CHAPTER SIX

"Are you sure you don't want me to make you another one?" Martha questions eying me as I finish my third pancake.

I shake my head shyly. I can get a little too hungry for my own good sometimes. But the good news is that I don't gain any weight even if I ate an entire village so there's nothing to worry about.

"Whatever you say." She chuckles and leaves the kitchen.

I get up to put my plate in the dishwasher when I hear a fumbling noise behind me. I turn to see Leo opening all the cabinets and checking under the sink.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Checking to see if there are any hidden cameras or worst.. a timed bomb." He says sarcastically.

"WHAT?!" I screamed in fear.

"Joking! You Americans can't take a fucking joke." He chuckles.

"That wasn't funny Leo." I roll my eyes, but still can't get the thought out of my head.

He then turns to me taking a few steps forward as I took a couple back. Next thing I knew, my back hit the counter our faces only inches apart. My heart raced in my chest as my breathing became heavy. The way his eyes held my gaze were the same as a predator eying it's prey. He bent down to my ear and whispered "Oh really? Because last I remembered, my laugh alone was funny to you."

I tried to speak, say anything but I couldn't. I was trapped by him and this thing he's doing isn't helping either. He must've noticed my stupid reaction, which made him pull out that perfect wicked smirk of his. He reached to open the cabinet behind me, drawing his body even closer till we were pressing each other. His cologne filled my nostrils and I attempted to inhale it a little without letting him notice. It was really nice, I'll have to give him credit for that.

"Anyways we're going out tonight.." he began breaking the silence.

"Where?" Didn't he say that I'm not allowed to leave this house for safety reasons?

"We're having a dinner with one of my long lost friends. Don't worry it's safe. I got it all under control." He says examining my face.

"What do I wear?" Mentally going through my closet.

"Anything you wear is per-" he stopped himself mid sentence. "I think something formal will do." He corrected, I couldn't help but blush.

...

I checked to see it was exactly seven o'clock. I continued applying my velvet red lipstick as I heard a soft knock on my door.

"You look stunning dear." Exclaimed Martha clapping her hands in excitement.

I took a quick glance in the mirror one last time. I wore a short white dress and a pair of silver heels. For the first time in a long time, I'll admit I actually do look good. At least I'm pleased with wearing whatever I want not worrying about my parent's opinion or have my stylist adjust some things. This normal life is starting to rub off on me and I'm enjoying every second of it.

"Really?"

"Yes! Leo will go crazy, you just wait and see. He won't be able to take his eyes off you all night." She chuckled fixing my curled hair from behind. My cheeks flushed at the mention of him which caught her attention.

"Already having a crush on him I see?" She winked.

I began to defend myself but she cut me off.

"Oh please. It's totally normal. If only you saw all those girls that went to high school with him. Poor things always got rejected." She face palms herself laughing.