XXII.The Moment I Went To A Third-World Country

[A/N:] Remember to vote and comment <3

So on a scale from 1-10 how dumb is Nate? I'm leaning on a solid infinity (haha). Geez, these damn stubborn Daniels men -__-

I hope you're enjoying the story so far and even though shit is hitting the fan right now so to speak, it'll be much better by the end. Promise ^_^

——————————
XXII.The Moment I Went To A Third-World Country

Home.

I'm finally back home after five and a half months of boot camp and extended training, I finally was able to go on my first R&R. Even though it's only for a couple of days, I'll take it.

When I step through the rear entrance of the airport and collect my bag, I immediately spot my mom and Heather. I find myself beaming from ear to ear the closer I get and I can't fucking wait to hug the two of them. Fuck I've missed them so much.

"Nathan..." Mom sighs as she wraps her arms around me and I can feel her body trembling with emotion.

When I hear her sniffle in my ear, I pull away and my heart breaks at the number of tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Mama," I sigh as I wipe them away and bring her back into my arms, knowing she needs this.

I look over at Heather who's crying as well and notice how much older she looks. Even though it's only been a little over five months, a lot has changed. She looks taller, more filled out in her face, and her appearance just seems brighter. Like a woman.

The thought of my little sister no longer being little but is now blooming into a full-grown woman makes me fucking nervous.

Nope, she's supposed to be my little sister that I could pick on all the time but would take a bullet for her if needed. I mean, I can still do that now but it's just crazy at how much she's changed in such a short amount of time.

I wonder how much Bex has changed?

I glance around, I don't know, hoping I guess to see her here as well. Foolish I know, because there's no way in Hell she would be here to greet me after what I did.

Heather notices and her brows furrow as a frown grows on her lips. She subtly shakes her head at me, silently telling me that Bex, in fact, isn't here.

Can't deny, that hurts. Everywhere. My head, my limbs, my heart, and my soul especially.

Fuck, I don't even know what my soul feels like anymore since she's the one that has it. I gave it all to her when I left and I'll probably never get it back.

And you know what? I'm perfectly okay with that. She'll treat it better than I could ever treat it myself.

After all, I'm Nate Daniels, the piece of shit coward.

Mom finally lets me go and I'm able to give Heather a much-needed hug. She squeezes me with all that she has, which to me, isn't much but it still brings a smile to my face.

"Missed you too sis."

Heather leans back to look up at me with a smile and at first, I think she's going to tell me she missed me too, or give me another hug but nope. Instead, a look of anger grows on her face and she slaps the shit out of my arm. The loud smack echos all around us, making people turn their heads.

"Heather Nichole!" Mom whisper yells at her and I hold my hand up to where a red mark is no doubt going to be seen once I take my uniform jacket off later. Shit, I may even get a bruise from it.