XXIV.The Moment I Met Satan's Mistress Herself

[A/N:] So, if you couldn't tell by the title, this is the chapter we all have been dreading since it introduces one of the characters from ATMFN that we all absolutely love to hate. Sadly, this wonderful woman (sarcasm intended) puts Stacy Winters to shame.

If you're reading this first before A Thousand Miles From Nowhere (since I wrote the prequel after the origin book of the series, backward I know), I apologize in advance for the cringe you're about to encounter the next few chapters.

With that, enjoy—or don't—either way, this chapter is important in a sense. 

Remember to vote and comment to show your support <3

——————————
XXIV.The Moment I Met Satan's Mistress Herself

"She's fucking gone man," I hiccup before I take another shot of whiskey and slam the glass on the counter, nearly shattering it.

Thank God I've got a military ID and can drink legally before the age of twenty-one because I don't know what I'd do right now if I couldn't toss back shot after shot.

Ford sits next to me on a stool at the counter of some bar in Summerville because I wasn't about to show up at Miller's to drink my sorrows away. Nope, fuck that.

He shakes his head at me and takes his own shot. I think he's like only on number four while I'm on, fuck I don't know anymore. A lot okay?

I'm going to down as many as I can until I stop seeing blue fucking eyes that peer deep into my damned soul and beautiful long brown hair that I'd love nothing more than to run my fingers through. But that's not going to happen, never, ever, ever, again.

"Another one," I hold up my empty glass to the bartender who eyes me warily.

"Another. One," I grit and he reluctantly fills it up with the brown liquid.

I quickly down it, instantly feeling the effect as I sway a little on my stool, and Ford reaches out to grab a hold of my arm so I don't fall over.

"I think you need to slow down brother," he chuckles lightly, trying to ease the tension.

"I think you need to slow down, b-b-brother," I chuckle half-heartedly and grab the edge of the counter before folding my arms over the top of it and slamming my face down on my forearms.

"Ow," I mumble to myself as I rub the spot between my brows with my thumb.

I close my eyes briefly so that the world is no longer spinning and in doing so, Bex Miller enters my mind once again.

"She's fucking gone Ford."

"I know."

"I was going to ask her to marry me and now that's over. We are officially over."

"No, you're not man."

"Yes, we are. Fuck, I was going to marry her as soon as possible before I left. Man, I wanted to have a baby with her," I blurt out and Ford frowns over at me with deep, heartbreaking sadness.

"She would be a beautiful, amazing mom Ford. She'd look so stunning, no, fucking breathtakingly beautiful with my baby growing inside her swollen belly."

"I know brother. Bex is wonderful with kids."

"She is, isn't she!? She'd be perfect as a mom. She'd be perfect as my wife too," I sigh and rub my hands furiously over my face.

"I want that man, I want her as my wife, as the mother of my children. I want that beautiful girl for the rest of my life but now, that'll never happen. I fucked up so bad and now I'll never see her again," I groan and slam my fist down on the countertop.