Chapter 10

Cassie's  P.O.V.

I'm worried about Corbyn. He hasn't been to school in weeks. Is he really that hurt? I can only report this to the 2 officers and hope.

Corbyn's P.O.V.

If I stay in here any longer I might go crazy. I feel as if the walls are closing in. I'm scared, hungry, thirsty and tired. I decide to sleep it off.

Cassie's P.O.V.

Another day, no Corbyn. I go to the police station. The male officer who arrested Stormie was there. He was short for a guy, had bright green eyes and dirty blonde hair. I go to him clearly worried. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asks. " Corbyn hasn't been at school since the incident and I'm really worried. " "Oh, wanna come with me to check on him?" I nod with no hesitation. We walk to his police car. He drives quickly to his house and goes with me inside. His dad wasn't home which was a bonus because of there was a real reason Corbyn was scared of him-. No, think good thoughts. I try to while we check the house for Corbyn. I see a metal trunk in the middle of a bedroom, his bedroom. "Does this thing have a key?" I look around for it, something inside of me is yelling at me to open it. "I found the key." The officer hands it to me. I open it nervous to what I might find. Inside was Corbyn, he flinched at the trunk opening. He was shaking. "Corbs." I say trying to calm him down. Corbyn moves his hands away from his face and looks at us. He was so skinny, he clearly wasn't fed. I pick him up trying not to touch his cuts of bruises but it was impossible. Corbyn started panicking stuttering something about his dad being mad and the trunk. "Shhh, it's ok." I say in a soothing tone. He calms down, as I carry him I realize how light he is, I hope it's I'm stronger than I thought and he's not as skinny as he looks. I get in the police car since the officer offered to take us to the hospital and I agreed. That's when Corbyn goes unconscious and I begin to panic.