just so you know

It was a long Friday afternoon, mostly spent with Jeongukk running tirelessly throughout their school gym for the past few hours. He was finally done with practice, currently walking towards the boys locker room.

Suddenly he feels a pull on his shirt, and he turns on his heels swiftly.

Behind him he sees his boyfriend standing firmly, as he lets go of the fabric in the grasp of his hand.

Jeongukk is suprised, but still smiles at the sight. "oh..hey, baby. why are you still here?"

"Don't 'hey, baby' me jeongukk." Taehyung snaps, crossing his arms tightly.

The younger furrows his eyebrows at the boys behavior, "what? why?"

The brunette scoffs, "like you don't know." He directs his eyes to the side, and jeongukk uses his hand to direct his head back to look at him.

"I don't know what's wrong. Talk to me." He pleads almost helplessly, while Taehyung pushes his hand off his face, and looks at the ground.

"I can't believe you.." Taehyung mumbles, his face slowly morphing into something of sadness rather than anger.

Jeongukk hated it.

"Tae, I'm sorry." he apologized, taking the oldest hand in his, "please look at me."

"How can you be sorry?" Taehyung sighs, "you just said you don't know what's wrong."

Jeongukk paused, knowing well off that he did say that. "yeah, but..I don't want you to be sad."

"So you're just going to say you're sorry without meaning it? And that's supposed to make me feel better?" Taehyung questioned.

"Tae, you know that's not what I meant." Jeongukk said.

"No I don't." Taehyung states, "I don't know anything about you anymore." He adds.

The raven haired boy stares, "taehyung.."

"I don't even see you anymore Jeongukk." Taehyung frowns, and as his lip begins to quiver a little he knows he's about to cry.

"Hey," Jeongukk starts moving closer to the brunette to push his head into his chest, "it's okay."

"No it isn't." Taehyung cries, "nothing about it feels okay." He breathes, pushing himself out of the youngers grasp.

"I really miss you," He says hesitantly, like he hated to admit it, "but it's very clear that you don't miss me." He licks his lips.

"Taehyung how could you say that? Of course I miss you." He reaches out for the brunette, but he steps back in response.

"If you missed me, you wouldn't have to ask why I'm upset." He says plainly.

"Taehyung, I-"

"Do you even love me?" Taehyung blurts out, as a tear escapes from his eye.

Jeongukk knows he's hurt, and all he wants to do is assure him that everything will be alright. That's he cares about him, and that Taehyungs the thing he cherishes the most on earth.

However, nothing comes out.

Taehyungs eyebrows furrow, and his lips pout out, while he sucks in a breath. "I knew it.." he squeaks out. Jeongukk could barely hear it.

"Taehyung.." He starts, as the boy starts to move back. He even attempts to follow his movement, but stops as Taehyung shakes his head.

"it's okay." He says one more time, before turning back around, and walking away quickly.

Jeongukk can hear the breathy sobs coming from the brunette, as he tries to muffle them with his hands.

He only stands there.

Jeongukk opens his eyes, staring at his dark ceiling for longer than necessary. It was a dream. That was a dream. Why would his brain ever do that to him.

He reaches quickly for his cellphone,

2:27am

With a groan he pulls the covers over his head, only to bring them back down a few moments later.

I'm not going to do it
I am going to go back to bed

Instead he found himself at Taehyungs house, attempting to climb up towards his window. The younger really tried to convince himself that he wouldn't do what he is doing right now, but as usual his legs deceived him.

He pulled himself up, thanking God that he hasn't been slacking during work outs.

With a breath, he knocked on Taehyungs window, trying to keep himself from making enough noise to wake up the whole neighborhood.

It took a few more attempts before he saw a sleepy Taehyung whisk away the curtains, with an annoyed expression on his face. Nonetheless, he opened the window. "what do you want?"

Jeongukk immediately let himself in, picking the older up to wrap his arms around him tightly, and spin him around a little.

"I love you." He spit out, head still resting on Taehyungs shoulder.

Taehyungs eyebrows were furrowed in confusion, "baby what's wrong? you're scaring me."

Jeongukk picked his head off his shoulder, setting him back on the ground. Taehyungs eyes were searching his, and the raven haired boy has to set his hand on his cheek to comfort him.

"Nothings wrong. I just..needed to tell you." He confesses, scanning his face for any expression, before pulling him into another hug.

Taehyung is quick to hug back, the air in his lungs being basically forced from coming out, but still.

"Where's this coming from?" His words come muffled in Jeongukks chest, and the boy immediately pulls away at the realization.

"My heart." Jeongukk says quickly, as Taehyung let's out a loud laugh.

this feels a little incomplete but I just wanted to post something 😂

Thanks for reading
<3 Cal