Hot Neighbor

Taehyung's got a problem. No, said problem wasn't necessarily life threatening, nor would it affect his ability to live life in the long run.

However, it was annoying and quite honestly...embarrassing.

It all started a few weeks ago, when he went to take out the trash.

"—how much imma spend profilin'? She come in and compliment my closet. Fuck her on the floor like I don't give a fuck about it—"

"Hey, do yo—" A voice said out of nowhere, prompting Taehyung to scream in terror and toss the trash bag clean onto the concrete, where everything kindly spilled out.

The boy was making a face out of concern, but Taehyung was too busy staring at his chiseled abs to even notice if he was saying anything.

Suddenly he was incredibly self conscious of what he looked like and darted quickly into the house without another word.

"Dad, there's a (hot) boy lingering in our front yard!" He said to the man mixing coffee in the kitchen.

"I know, Taehyung. I hired him to mow our lawn, since someone doesn't want to do it."

Taehyung ignored the sudden attack at his inability to finish activities that involve the blazing sun and humid outdoor air. "So you just hired a random stranger? He could be a murderer for all we know!"

His dad rolled his eyes. "He's not a murderer. He's Jung-ho's son, Jeongguk. They live down the street."

Great, now the hot stranger he just had the worst first encounter with lived less than a mile away from him and would be showing up at their house every week or so to cut grass.

At least he knew the day he came and would be able to avoid going outdoors then.

...

The next time he saw Jeongguk, he was bringing his art project out to spray paint. He was holding his canvas up, bottles of spray paint piled on top and shielding his eyes.

This time he was not singing a Brent Faiyaz song in his disheveled polka-dot pajamas, in fact he wasn't even wearing any pajamas at all besides his Iron-Man underwear.

Suddenly, the paint was being picked up and Taehyung was about to thank his mom or dad for helping until he was face to face with the hot stranger.

Taehyung's eyes widened, and he put the canvas board over his body, back peddling backwards as fast as he could without falling and making a bigger fool out of himself. Then the next thing you know, he's inside his room smacking his face into his pillows repeatedly.

He thinks he's the biggest idiot to exist.

...

Taehyung's come to know that his dad keeps hiring Jeongguk to do other things because one; he has a lot of free time, two; he can do things well, three; he knows his family, and four; his parents keep finding things in and out of their house that need fixing.

Taehyung's encountered him more times over the span of a few weeks, his surprise when he saw him fixing their smoke alarms and realized that he wasn't even safe in his own house anymore.

However, he decided to face the fact that he would just have to live in his room from then on if he wanted to keep from humiliating himself further.

"Dad, I need to go check the mailbox to see if my new paintbrushes came in." He said, leaning against the counter.

"Okay." He said in a tone that made it sound like a question. "Why are you telling me? Just go get it."

"Is Jeongguk here today?" He asked, almost forgetting that his name is Jeongguk and not hot stranger.