interview #22 @Avylinn

1 what's one Wattpad goal? 

My Wattpad goal has changed over time. At the beginning, I simply wanted people to read my stories. These days, I'm allowing the support I get to fuel my motivation to write. So, my Wattpad goal right now is to finish several of my unfinished stories

2 what's the best way to handle a bully? 

Ignore and never take the bait. Also, if things get really bad, the ambassadors are there to help. I get negative comments sometimes, and if I find that it will affect my mental health, I remove it so that I never have to read it again. Mostly, I simply ignore stuff, though. We all deal with this differently I guess.

3 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

In Sweden, where I'm from, we have something called Midsummer, which is sort of a pagan thing. We dance around a maypole, which is actually a huge fertility symbol. If you're intrigued you should check it out. We dance around said pole and wear flowers in our hair.

4 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

My favorite is, without a doubt, the kind and supportive atmosphere here!

 5 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I would like to hang out with RuPaul. He seems to have a wealth of great things to say, so I'd mostly like to listen and chat. I'd let him dress me in drag too :D

 6 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

I'm not sure I can pick only one song. But this year's most played on Spotify was So Here We Are by Gordi.

 7 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

A good piece of advice for any budding writer is to write for yourself. If you don't enjoy what you're doing, it's unlikely you'll want to continue doing it for long. And, writing is 1% talent, 99% dedication. Last but not least, try to remember that no one owes you anything--expecting something in return for what you do is a sure way to get bitter in the long run.

8 what's your favorite book?

Persuasion by Jane Austen.

 9 what's your favorite snack? 

Popcorn, every day of the week!!

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I would probably call my sister first thing, then I would spend a few days hoping I'm not dreaming.

11 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment? 

I wouldn't say I'm surprised at this point, but I'm still grateful when someone chooses to endorse my work or comment. It's always wonderful to see when someone truly connects with a story I've written.

Request time

One of my most overlooked books is Attraction, probably because it's the third in a series. However, it can be read as a stand-alone, and to date, it's definitely the most humorous of my stories. I love Joah, the main character, who somehow manages to be entirely scatterbrained and lovely at the same time. It's an arranged marriage type of story, part happy go lucky, but also with a backdrop of racism which gives it a bit of a tangy taste together with all the sweetness. It's one of my better stories on here, for sure!

 It's one of my better stories on here, for sure!