October Mystery Interview

This month's mystery slot has been given to: @caCrisostomo

1 what's one Wattpad goal?

It's hard to say. I guess my one wattpad goal is to get as many readers as I can. To be in touch with people that would cheer for my characters and my story the same way I cheer for them. It all began as a bet, to see if I would do it, to see if I could make it. And as the numbers grow, I feel like I'm getting closer to that one goal.

 2 what inspired you to write?

Even though I have always read a lot, my dreams inspired me to write. When the teen years caught me, and certain adversities began to be present in my life, I felt save there, in dreams. There was an urge to be part of that tiny universe of mine. And that was when it all started. Now, years and years from that beginning, I am proud to have all those words (and worlds) within me.

 3 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

Benedict Cumberbatch! Without a second thought hahaha. He has been my idol for many years. I would love to meet him for tea in London. It's a city I've never been to and it would make everything special haha. I would talk to him about my stories, his stories, and thank him for the outstanding work he has been doing as an actor and as a role model for many people out there. He's the best!

 4 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Ouch... This is hard. I would love to get advice from Machado de Assis. He's not exactly my favourite writer, but he was one of the most important brazillian authors of all times. Even though he was black in a time in which slavery had just been abolished, he managed not only to be cheered, but also managed to critique society by writing sublime implicit topics. I would ask him how he did keep the strength he had to do so.

 5 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Every time! I have kept every piece of writing I've crafted for so long... It's always a surprise to see that people take their time to read it, to share their enjoyment and even leave a comment! I'm still on the very beginning, but I don't think that's something that will change. Getting my characters out there is my mission, and if they are being read and enjoyed, joy certainly fills that day haha.

 6 what's your favorite holiday and why?

Oh, I love New Year's eve!! There's something magical, something special, to see the year changing. It's when I place my promises and goals to the following season, and when I leave behind what was not as nice. I simply love it.

 7 what's your favorite snack?

As a good brazillian, my favourite snack has to be from Brazil, right? My hometown has the best pão-de-queijo (cheese bread) in the face of earth. I miss that. Having pão-de-queijo with milked-coffee... Oh, the best thing in the universe hahaha.

 8 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

Wow. I believe the first thing I would do is to freak out with my friends on whatsapp LOL. Then I would shout out to the whole neighbourhood (just kidding, I am a polite woman). But I would certainly make an effort to get my best-friend with me when I get to the contract signing moment. Even though we are an ocean away, I own her that. Then, of course... there's a lot of champagne.

 9 what's the best way to handle a bully?

First things first, report. To silence a bully is the first step in every situation. Remember you are not alone and don't keep it to yourself. Tell someone you trust about it. And then, realise bullies are far from being better than you. They just feel they are, and follow such pretense as an excuse to hurt others. Don't let them win. Never.

10 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

Anything from the 80's, mainly hahaha. But if there's one song that is hugely important to me is Absolute Beginners, by David Bowie. He's one of my favourite artists of all times, and this song represents more than I could ever express.

 11 how would you enjoy a rainy day? 

Easy! With a great cup of black tea, by the window side, to write. With my cat, cookie, to accompany my strive. 

Request time

At the moment, I have only one book on Wattpad. A LGBTQ+ Literary fiction called "In Between the Lines". It's my first story to ever reach the public and I am very fond of it. It tells a story of a rather troubled writer who struggles to continue his best-selling series, and also can't accept his very own success. That's until he hires a ghostwriter- that's when his life will never be the same again.

It's a story about grief, an unforgotten past, the perks of writing, nostalgia and the beauty friendship. I have decided to give a tender touch to certain dense themes, which makes "In Between the Lines" (IBTL for short) so bittersweet. I believe the readers can expect a great turn of events, and a prose that flows, just as their thoughts go, and a slow burn romance formed just as it titles states: in between the lines

 I believe the readers can expect a great turn of events, and a prose that flows, just as their thoughts go, and a slow burn romance formed just as it titles states: in between the lines