Resting Period

He wasn't as quiet as he thought he was getting dressed, but he made such an effort that I humor him by not moving and feigning sleep. I mean after all there would be time for morning sex before I had to get ready to check out later on. How a man like that managed to stay single so long out here in Vegas of all places I'll never know. The light from my phone blinds me for a second before I dim the brightness.

    So this is how passengers feel when we turn the lights to bright whenever we reach our final descent?

7:27 am. The nearest coffee shop is about a ten minute walk. That gives me enough time to freshen up a little before he comes back. The sheets tangle around my legs for a second before I kick them off. All of my luggage sits neatly in the corner of the room. A miracle it remained intact after all of the things we did last night after coming back here from the bar down in the casino.

    And to think I almost didn't go down last night.

    With my hygiene in a far better state than when I woke up, I walk back into the room and check my phone.

7:59 am. Maybe there was a line...a very long line.

    I'm sure he'll be hungry by the time he gets back, we worked up quite the appetite last night.

    Usually I don't waste my money on overly-priced room service, but today is a special occasion and why the hell not. I did just get paid this morning. Good sex, good food, one flight to work, and money in the bank... the makings of a perfect day for a flight attendant.

    I wonder what he would like to eat? We never got around to exchanging numbers last night or I could have just texted him. Oh well, guess I'll order a little bit of everything to be on the safe side.

8:30 a.m. There's a knock at the door. The room service is pushed in on a table. There's enough food here to feed a small army, or at least my entire crew. I tip the delivery man before closing the door. Everything smells so good. I can't wait to tuck into it. Now I just have to wait for him to come back.

10:45 a.m. Did something happen to him?

    A quick scroll through trending topics and local news online show no breaking news stories of any kind for the area.

    The food has long gone cold and untouched.

    My van report time is in an hour. I could call out and pay for an extra night in the hotel just in case but I need to get back home to feed my cat.

    Damn it Felix.

    I'm dressed and ready for work in under 40 minutes.

    When I get downstairs, my coworkers are all waiting.

    "Well, well, well. If it isn't the wild child. How was your layover?" Diana asks, a knowing look on her face. God I hate this bitch, how we ended up on this pairing together I'll never know. I must have pissed off someone in scheduling.

    "Oh you know, did some gambling then headed back to my room for some rest," I say.

    "Bullshit. We saw you leave the casino with that handsome stranger. I'm sure you did plenty of laying over alright," Kim speaks up. I'm about to tell her just where she can go when Richard interjects.

    "Ladies, no need to pry. If our good friend Ms. Nora doesn't want to talk about her little adventures the past twenty four hours we should respect that."

    Diana huffs, looking from me to him before sighing. "Fine. Don't share with us. We don't care."

    Sure you don't.

    The van pulls up and I look around one last time hoping to catch him entering the lobby. Just before I move to follow the others an idea pops in my head.

    Kim frowns when I rush towards the front desk.

    "Is everything alright, Nora?"

    "Yeah, I'll be right behind you. I just need to do something first," I say in what I hope is a reassuring manner. She nods, following the others out to the van.

    The woman at the front desk, Rachel smiles at me.

    "What can I do for you?" she asks.

    I take a piece of paper out and scribble down my instagram and phone number before folding it up and handing it to her.

    "When a gentleman by the name of Bradly comes back looking for me in room 317, could you give this to him. It's very important," I stress. She nods.

   "Sure thing. Have a safe flight," she says.

Okay good. Now all I have to do is wait for him to reach out to me. 

    She'll make sure he gets it if she knows what's good for her. I'd hate to have to come back and have another conversation with her about her shortcomings. The last one cost me nearly a hundred bucks to get the stains out.  I hurry and hand my bags to the van driver. A quick thank you and I'm climbing into the van with the others and heading to the airport.

    "Nora, did you get everything sorted?" Kim asks.

    I'd missed him this morning but with any luck I'd be back here seeing him before the week was out. I smile at Kim.

    "Yeah, everything is taken care of."