iv. warmth and solace

Sonny cursed at himself, gripping at his bloodstained pants tightly---how stupid could he get.

He admitted committing a hideous crime to two people he barely knew. He looked down to the floor, refusing to glance up to the two strangers---who were probably wearing a look of horror and fear in their expressions.

He heard footsteps towards the doorway, the thing opening and closing. Sonny sighed, "Look, I understand if you call the police now. I wouldn't trust myself to be with a murderer either."

He was expecting the person who stayed to grab their phone and dial the cops but he was surprised when he felt gentle arms circle around him.

They wrapped their arms tighter around his torso and buried their head on his shoulder.

"That was brave of you," the other whispered.

Sonny gazed to see a messy mop of brown hair and honest green eyes that were looking back at him. He saw the familiar grin plastered on the man's face---the same one he had when he offered him the car ride.

Jack was his name, if he remembered it right.

Sonny was so confused. This was the last reaction he had in mind---hell, he did not think this would happen in the first place.

Jack did not let Sonny go, continuously enclosing him into a hug. Somehow, the warmth and solace the other was giving make Sonny feel safe and sound.

Sonny savored the sensation, breathing in as he leaned closer to the other's embrace.

He quietly thanked him for his company---gradually, closing his eyes as he lulled himself to sleep.

~

Jack might have recently left the band, but this story continues ✋😔💕 Hope everybody is feeling alright about that, by the way 💞

He might have left but the memories and things  he did for the band will always remain. 🤧💕 I will miss him with them but I am rooting for his and the band's happiness. 😊💞

I have finished writing all of the chapters so expect daily updates on this 🤧 It was a fun ride! 💞

Share me your thoughts! 🤔💭💕

(SubtleJacklyn/Trixia)