Chapter Three

Emily's Pov

Sitting here at a table with nothing to do is not what I wanted to happen.

Alex left a few minutes ago to wait for her boyfriend outside. Yes, a lot of guys have asked me to dance, but you could see that they were the player types.

All of them were so cocky and full of themselves. I had to deny them. Otherwise, I would keep hearing how you would talk about themselves.

I'm bored out of my mind here, and watching the people have so much fun is making everything worse.

I sighed as I got up from my seat and head to the back door of the gym hall. Outside was so beautiful.

There were so many lights out here that illuminated the colorful roses. I slowly made my way over to the lonesome bench, surrounded by all the roses.

I sat down, and my nostrils were immediately filled with different smells. I have never seen anything this beautiful.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I heard that deep, husky voice say.

I gulped when I heard the bench creak next to me. "Yeah, it is," I whispered as I kept my gaze on the roses.

"Why aren't you inside?" He asked. I sighed and slowly sat up straight before diverting my gaze onto him.

"I got bored," I admitted making him nod his head.

"Yeah, me too," he said with a small smile that honestly melted my heart.

Luke suddenly grabbed my hand and stood up, pulling me with him.

"May I have this dance?" He asked while bowing forward and holding out his hand.

I hesitantly took his hand, and he immediately pulled me into him.

Luke rested his head on top of my head, and I rested mine on his chest.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I've been fine and you," I asked, and I could hear his heart start to beat faster.

"Couldn't be better," he mumbled, and I could feel my heartache from his words.

"So, is that other girl your girlfriend or...." I trailed off.

"Yeah, she is." He answered, and I could feel the tear brimming at the back of my eyes.

"How long have you been dating?" I chocked out.

"A month," he answered, almost like it doesn't matter.

"So, what happened to you and Elizabeth?" I asked my voice softening at every word.

Luke suddenly pulled back and looked me dead in the eye. "What are you talking about?" He asked, confused, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at him.

"I-I thought you two were dating," I said, feeling a little awkward.

"Why would you think that?" He asked as he cocked his head to the right.

"B-Because you kissed her at the carnival," I stammered.

Luke was about to say something when he was cut off by someone yelling his name.

When he looked past me, he immediately took a few steps away from me, making me frown.

"There you are. I've been looking all over," Luke's girlfriend said.

"Sorry, I was just catching up with an old friend," he said while walking over to her and planting a kiss on her cheek before wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Are you going to introduce us?" She asked while looking at me with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Oh....uh-yeah. Emily, this is Madison. Madison, this is Emily," he said while gesturing between the two of us.

"It's nice to meet you," she said in a sickly sweet tone, making me want to gag, but instead, I just smiled at her.

"Come on, babe, the party's inside," she said and pulled on Luke's arm.

"It was nice seeing you again, Emily," Luke said as they walked away. I kept looking at the back of his head, but my eyes immediately darted to Madison, who was glaring at me over her shoulder.