Chapter 25 - Uneasy

Leonardo Nielsen

"Did you.. send Aria and Carter to America?!" My father's voice woke me up from my nap. I got up immediately and he already gave me a cold glare.

"I.. I can explain."

"What?! Explain what?! They're going to get in trouble again!" He bursted at me angrily.

"Father, I will take the responsibilities if they get in trouble again. I promise you tha-"

"I don't understand why you're letting the both of them go!" He put his hands on his hips completely frustrated knowing that his 2 troublemakers are out on the loose.

"Father, I can guarantee that they won't make any troubles again." I said because I already told them not to or else I will kill them both with my own hands. At least, Adrian is in London and Paris going back and forth for Estelle company.

"If they.. get in trouble, I will kill you too!" He hissed and then he walked out from my study room. I sighed and looked down to see the book my reading earlier before falling asleep.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. Juliet have been busy preparing the wedding and she's been avoiding me. She hates the idea of us separating and she's been a little grumpy these days.

I decided to give her time because I want her to know that I respect her a lot. I want us to have real wedding and the things that she deserves. I don't want us to only get married by papers without any preparations. I bet she has her own dream wedding to begin with.

I talked to Nadine and she's pretty cool about it. She told me that it was her plan from the start with my mother and Juliet's mother. They made a deal that I don't know about.

I took my phone from the table beside me and decided to call Juliet.

"Hello."

"Hey wifey." I said as I put my book on the table in front of me.

"You're single." She hissed and it made me laugh.

"Where are you? I miss you." I said because it's been 4 hours since I've seen her. I miss her already.. a lot.

"Riding your horse at the back, wanna join me?"

"I'll be there.." I said and ended the call. I got up and walked out from the palace. I saw her riding my horse around the field. I put my hands into my pocket looking at her riding the horse happily.

One of my guard brought me Adrian's black horse. I patted Midnight and got on him. I quickly rode him towards Juliet. She saw me and she gestured me to go to the lake behind the palace.

"Slow down, babe." I said and I rode beside her. We walked slowly into the woods towards the lake.

"It's nice out here." She said and I smiled nodding at her. She got down from the horse and I followed her. I got down from Midnight and we walked hand in hand to the lake.

"Me and my family talked earlier." She started the conversation.

"And then.."

"I was.. wondering if we can have the wedding in Sweden." She said as she turned to me. I held both of her hands and smiled.

"Of course, why not?"

"I want a simple wedding with our close family and friends only." She said and I nodded.

"Anything for you, love."

"Really? But.. you-"

"The future King of Denmark? Even though I'm the future King, I have the rights to have privacy." She smiled at me and sighed.

"I'm glad that.. I pick you."

"Really? You have to." I said confidently and she laughed. She smacked my chest playfully and I pulled her into a hug.

"Me too."

"Thankyou.. for everything." She said and I kissed the top of her head.

"You know why I dragged you to the church right away?" She asked and I released the hug. I held on to her upper arms raising my eyebrows.

"Because I was jealous."

"Jealous?" I chuckled.

"You were so nice to Nadine, you're not the nicest person.. you know that?" She glared at me and I laughed.

"You know me so well."

"How could be nice to her? You didn't even.. wow.. I don't want to think about it!" She frustrated by herself and I think it's cute.

"I'm glad that you've realized about it."

"You're the first man that made me frustrated and go crazy. You're making me want to eat someone alive at some point." She hissed and I smiled at her.

"Thankyou, Juliet."

"What?"

"For dragging me and for choosing me." I said and she turned to the lake with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"I used to think that.. my future husband will be damn lucky to have me.. but I guess.. I'm wrong. I'm the lucky one here."

"I'm lucky too." I said as I faced the lake too.

"How can a good man.. the future King of Denmark himself.. fall for a girl like me? It doesn't make sense. I'm not the best girl to be your bride to be honest. I was quite a bad girl.. back then."

"Past is past.. what's important now is the presence and the future." I said and I felt her arm link to mine.

"I love you, Leonardo." She said and I smiled.

"How much?"

"I can't express how much."

"I love you too, Juliet."

"I know." She said confidently and I turned to her.

"Wow.. I love your confidence, babe."

"You're stuck with me for the rest of your life." She kissed my cheek.

"Should I be happy or terrified?" I asked and she smacked my arm.

"Don't mess with me!"

"Or what?"

"Once we get married.. again. You will sleep on the floor."

"Mean."

"I hate you." She hissed and I chuckled.

I guess.. everything is starting to fall into it's place now.. except for my siblings.. I felt uneasy.