Chapter 26 - Trust

Leonardo Nielsen

I looked at my brother Adrian suspiciously. This boy had been acting a little weird lately especially with his new friends. I turned to the door to see Juliet walking into my study room with her book.

"Oh.. sorry. I think you both need privacy." I guess she saw the fire in my eyes looking at my little brother completely ready to kill him.

"So tell me.. Are you one of the Illicit?" I asked because he seems like one.

"Leo, I never thought you will have another memory loss." Adrian said as he picked up his tea cup.

"Just answer the question!" I bursted angrily.

"I'm not, geez. I'm busy working in London, I bet your PI saw me! You're targeting the wrong boy, big brother." He hissed as he put the cup back.

"Now tell me why did you purchase 2 building in Paris? We already have 1 big and tall building there for our company."

"My company, not yours. You have the throne." He said and I want to throw my phone to his face so bad.

"I'm not joking around here!" I hissed coldly.

"You're targeting the wrong kid, okay? You should go check on Carter, he's being doing suspicious things. I mean.. Aria too. You should pull them both out from America. They're ruining our family name." He said and he's always the type who points his finger to others especially to his own siblings to save his own ass.

"Ah.. really? And you're not ruining our family name?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm not. I mean mother really proud of me."

"Why did you purchase 2 buildings in Paris, Adrian? Just answer the question." I sighed.

"I can't purchase a building under my name? I'm a freaking CEO, Leo. I can invest my money anywhere I want. Geez.. you're more strict than father these days. Juliet is pregnant but why are you the one who is grumpy?" He hissed and I looked away to calm my anger down because he is trying to make me mad here.

"How about you drag Carter back to New York? He's.. kinda.. you know.. spend almost 10 million dollars in the casino around a week ago." My eyes widen when Adrian said that and I turned to him.

"I mean that's his money or maybe my money.. that's why I rather spend my money on a building than him spending it on a casino." Adrian added. I mean I know he's an adult already to know that he's spending his money on a casino but he borrowed 20 million dollars from Adrian around 2 weeks ago.

"Are you saying this because you're pissed that he used your money or you want to make me not mad at you?" I asked because I know Adrian's character. Devil, himself should be scared because there's someone more evil that him. I swear to God what did my parents do to have him as the youngest.

"I'm a loving little brother.. as long as you don't use that money for his long ass list of mistresses. He bought cars and shit for his woman!" Adrian bursted and I can't blame him for pointing his finger at Carter. It's been years since I let him go to America and he only comes back to Denmark for my coronation and my wedding in Sweden. After that, he stayed in New York.

"I'm done here.. I'm going to ride Midnight. I'm pissed and maybe you could help me fix that by dragging Carter back to Denmark!" Adrian got up and walked out from my study room. After Adrian got up, Juliet walked inside.

"Is everything okay?" Juliet asked.

"I guess." I said as I sighed. Juliet sat on the seat across me and she smiled.

"Don't tell me you bully him again?" I shook my head.

"They're adults, Leo. They have their own lives and I bet they can take care themselves just fine." She's right but I still feel responsible. They still made stupid decisions and sometimes I was the one who cleaned up the mess.

"You're right but still they're troublemakers."

"They are but they're adults already. They're all in their 20s, Leo. They know that they're royal too so you don't need to worry about it."

"But.."

"I know about Carter.. I've heard it from Amanda." She sighed.

"Yeah.. he.. Mother was pretty sad because of it and I just hear another side of the story from Adrian." I said and Juliet got up from her chair. She sat down on my lap and I wrapped my arms around her waist. The baby bump is showing a little bit now. She's 3 months pregnant.

"I let you have a talk with Carter but after that.. let's leave him alone. We should focus on our little family, you know?" I kissed her cheek and nodded.

"You know.. you don't have take all the burden you think you have to carry, Leo." She said as she ran her hands through my hair.

"I don't know."

"You're already do your best and try to give the best for your siblings already but they're grown ups now. It's time for you to let go. I know Amanda is not happy with Carter and Adrian sometimes but I bet they will stop one day."

"When will that day come?" I closed my eyes and Juliet chuckled.

"I have idea for Carter but I know you to trust me on this." I opened my eyes right away.

"What is it?"

"Do you trust me?" She smirked.

"I don't think I will like your idea, Juliet."

"He needs a little push.. but you need to play along."

"But he's a-" She stopped me.

"Do you trust me, love?" She smiled and I nodded.

"A lot."

"Good."

The End