Memory 1:

I, Y/n S/n, never liked the way I lived. My parents had always disliked me, saying I was a 'mistake' and yet they took care of me since they needed the 'money' for when I was older. They have always said I was a disappointment but I could never understand why that was. My older sister who is 5 years older than me, she got the full respect, yet I'm always sitting here waiting to be complimented, respected but no. I get the opposite. Rude, hateful comments. Worst of all is that my sister is an absolute spoiled brat. She'd make me do things for her just because I didn't receive the proper respect as her. She thinks I'm a loser, a rat. But I couldn't fight back. Our parents would always believe her and I would get grounded...

I wasn't always the loud, noisy, bossy one in school especially. My attitude towards school went a little more downhill that it was expected of me. Now when I first went into college, I was quiet, shy, but curious in a way. I had many friends who cared for me but none that I felt I could trust to keep my secrets and worries. That was when I met Jay. Jay was my ray of sunshine who helped me when she would notice that there was something deeply wrong with me. I was never in a fight with her, nor was I mad...

"Umm... excuse me?" I asked, poking at the girl's shoulder with her back turned to me as she ate in the cafeteria by herself in a table. She turned, her blue eyes shining as she swallowed her food.

"You're the new girl, aren't you?" She questioned, smiling warmly. I looked down, shy. I nodded. "What do you want?"

I looked up slightly, to meet her gaze as I held my tray with my lunch on it. "May I sit here with you...? If that's ok?" The girl nodded, accepting me as I went to sit beside her. I placed my tray on the table and began to eat, silently.

"What's your name, girl?" She said, not lifting her gaze off her food.

"Y/n. Y/n s/n." I had answered still a little shy.

"Jay Swachur. Nice to meet you. Say when did you arrive? Last season?" I waited to answer her question for my food to go down.

"Well... Yeah..." I said. I felt Jay's eyes on me as she asked, "made any friends here? Like.. guys... or some sort?" I felt myself heat up. Guys? What was she implying?

"Uh... yes but guys?" I trailed off. Guys? Why would guys want to hang around a timid, shy human being like me? Surely she has to realize that?

Jay blinked a few times then leaned towards me to whisper in my ear. "But do you know that guy there?" She pointed to a tall, blonde boy hanging out with his friends in the distance. I was about to say no but Jay moved away from me and sighed lovenly, her face cupped in her hands. "Boy, I sure do love Sam, that son of a bitch." I slowly nodded before looking back at him again.

"He's so cute.." Jay continued but I wasn't focusing on her anymore. Or rather focusing on anything except my thoughts. Who is Sam? I mean... I understand that he's a cute guy but he could be mean for all I know.

Suddenly, I heard the bell for registration that broke my thoughts. I got up, leaving my tray behind with some of my food left but before I walked off, I caught a glimpse at Jay, stuffing her pockets with two muffins she had gotten. I just watched her until she was finished. She noticed me looking at her as for she had caught my gaze.

"Girl. I ain't wasting any muffins." She told me. Then she looked at my tray. "Can I have the rest of it... please?" I looked over at my tray and shrugged.

"Feel free." I told her as I walked to my registration class.

I sat beside the windowsill at the back alone as I normally do. Nothing special as usual. I got my radio out and started to listen to listen as i turned it on. The usual, news. Nothing that would really catch my attention except some days, except... this was now different. I plugged in my headphones for a better hearing.

"We've just received news that a body has just been found near an abandoned mental hospital. The body still seemed to be fresh yet nobody has a clue who the murder is. The police force are still on the hunt to capture this criminal since this is the 7th body yet that was murdered-" I sat there, shocked whilst shivering in fear. The 7th body? How could someone get away with murder and not get found earlier? But what I was more fond of is who the next victim of this serial killer will be. So many thoughts ran through my head as I unplugged my headphones and turned the radio off. I started to doze off into space. What plans did they have? What intentions did they have on murdering the innocent?

As I entered my next class, I realised that there was a teacher covering for us... or at least I thought so. I sat at the back as I normally do and waited for this person to begin speaking. It didn't take long until someone else came, the principal, joined this fellow citizen.

"Goodmorning students." The principal greeted. "We have some important news to share along with you. Please note that this is very dangerous as well..." I gulped. Dangerous? First the radio and now this random thing?

"Mr Kewstoke will not be teaching for a few weeks." Said the random person next to the principal. "So I shall take on your classes. The names Mr Watford." He beckoned for the principal to continue.

"Now this is not all that I have for telling you. As you all are aware, there is a murder going around." She paused to let the information sink in to our brains. "We, as teachers former advisers, think that you all should quickly get here then home. No fooling around until this is over." At this point, everyone was muttering to one another so the principal had to raise their voice. "So I don't want to see any of you sneaking around after classes outside. And if you think that your I'm trouble. Call the police, tell us if your near or go to your house." The principal turned to Mr Watford and bowed her head before leabing the classroom. Everyone was talking whilst I was at the back shaking in fear. I literally just heard about this on the radio... why is this now a living hell?