Depressed!James

"James," Ginny says knocking on the door. "Would you like me to bring you a plate?"

"Not hungry," he groans from his place in his bed.

"Come on darling, you haven't eaten since yesterday."

She opens the door peeking inside when she gets no response, "Love, are you alright?"

"No," James answers, burrowing further into his blankets, sniffling.

"Baby, tell me what's wrong. You've barely left your room all week. Did something happen at your party?" She asks in a motherly tone going to sit at the foot of his bed.

James nods into his pillow not looking in his mum's direction.

She places a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Honey, I don't like to pry but you know that you can talk to me about anything, and if not me you really should talk to someone you trust about whatever is going on, I'm getting worried about you."

James turned around with tears streaming down his face, "the only person I want to talk to doesn't want to talk me."

"Oh honey," she exclaims pulling her oldest son into a hug.
~~~~
It was the 27th of August when that changed.

"James, I'm going to the Longbottom's house, tell mum and dad not to wait up for me."

"I will," James said beckoning his little sister into his room for a goodbye hug and telling her to have fun and be safe.

And since both his parents were at work and both his siblings had gone to friend's houses he took his ear buds out in favor of blasting his music.

He was thirty seconds into Don't You Worry Child when he hears a crash from downstairs.

{A/N}
Oof one more chapter and then an epilogue