Together At Last

"Teddy...?"

"Umm, hi, sorry, I.. we need to talk." He stumbles out.

James raises his eyebrows.

"Well look," Teddy begins, "I'm just really sorry, for like everything. I know I've put you through so much unnecessary pain. I just didn't know how to approach you about the topic."

"Let me stop you right there, you really just mean you don't know how to reject me."

"It's not like I want to, but we can't do this."

"Yes we can, I love you, you love me, it's so simple and I don't understand how you can't see that."

Teddy starts to tear up, "James.."

"No let me finish, I know you're so worried about what everyone else will think, but you shouldn't be. You shouldn't feel like you're doing anything wrong.

"And here's the deal. You know it'd be so different if this was one sided, I'd get over it easy, I go through the girls and guys at hogwarts like its nothing. But this is different. I never knew love til I started to fall for you, and when I realised you liked me back.

"But then everything got crushed. If this were anyone else, it wouldn't affect me at all. But it's not just anyone else, it's you. And I don't think I can bounce back from this. I need you in my life, even if it's as a brother, I just need you. And now it's like you're never here for me

"I know how hard you're working to hold yourself back, it's why you're never around anymore. And I can't deal with it anymore. You don't have to hold back anymore. I'm 17, I'm legal, and old enough to make my own decisions. So why not just kiss me you git."

And that's exactly what Teddy does.

And then they're both just crying as they kiss, embracing each other.

Next thing you know James is pulling Teddy upstairs to his bedroom and clothes are coming off.

And though they've both been with many people before, this is different, it's passionate and meaningful. It's the start to a great relationship.

(A/N)
Happy to finally update for you guys. Lmk if you want more details and I'll either include a different smut scene in the epilogue or write a short chapter about their first time.