Fourteen - Not Enough

Oliver sat on the medical table and let Felicity roam around the Foundry for a little while. As he watched her admire his workout equipment, he thought about how to tell her about Slade, Laurel and his mother. He had absolutely no idea how to word it. "Why are you telling me now?" Felicity asked, getting his attention. "I have to tell you something." He stood up and pulled up two chairs. "What's up?" She said, sitting down. Oliver sat across from her.

"I don't exactly know how to put this but-" Oliver took a deep breath. "Laurel hired an assassin to kill you." Felicity's face dropped instantly. "What?" Oliver took her hand in his. "My mother recommended an assassin to Laurel and she hired him, to kill you." She rested her head in her hands. "Do you know why?" Oliver squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Both Laurel and my mother believe that Laurel is the right person for me, but you're in the way of getting us together." Felicity scoffed. "I don't get it Oliver, what is wrong with her?!" Oliver shrugged. "I don't know, but-" The Foundry door flew open and Oliver jumped in front of Felicity instinctively.

And then he saw who it was.

"Slade. What are you doing here?" Oliver shouted. All Slade did was chuckle. His orange and black mask covered his face. "I thought you already knew." Slade threw his sword towards Felicity, but Oliver caught the blade. It sliced his hand. He grunted. "Felicity, go. The alley door." He ordered. She ran and Slade moved towards her but Oliver stopped his movements, punching his mask and cracking it. Slade didn't seem phased by it at all.

Oliver remembered the blade cutting his hand and decided using it was his best option. He wasn't very experienced using swords, and confidence in his choices was critical at the moment. Oliver took a shot at Slade's knee. The heavy armour stopped it. Oliver continued deliver hits to Slade, and he wasn't phased at all. Oliver finally found a chink in Slade's armour and sliced his arm, leaving a deep cut. But Slade chuckled. "What?" Oliver murmured. Slade punched him and sent him flying into the concrete fifteen feet behind him. He screamed in pain. Slade charged towards Oliver, but Oliver rolled towards his bow and quiver. Slade hit the concrete hard, and it seemed to daze him slightly.

That gave Oliver enough time to strap his quiver onto his back. He nocked an arrow and aimed at the chink, quickly releasing it. The arrow penetrated Slade's arm, lodging itself in there. "That all you got kid?" Slade chuckled. Slade pulled the arrow out with a little sigh. "I thought I cured you!" Oliver shouted. "Not enough antidote. There was just enough of the drug still there to take over again." Oliver then staring firing arrow after arrow, hoping to kill Slade Wilson. Slade charged at him and Oliver fired his last arrow.

It hit it's mark. Just above Slade's heart. Slade went down and Oliver knew he wouldn't be getting back up anytime soon. Oliver dropped everything and ran out the alley door, and he ran after Felicity. He knew exactly where she would be heading. He ran in the direction of a Queen Consolidated and caught up to her not long after he left Evolution.

"Felicity!" He called out. She yelped and stopped walking. She turned around let out a relieved sigh. "Oh thank god." She hugged him tight and he grunted. "What's wrong?" She asked, visibly concerned. "Everything hurts." The adrenaline rush was wearing off and Oliver could feel the pain getting more intense by the second. "Felicity, call Diggle." He murmured before collapsing on the sidewalk.

=========================

Oliver's eyes opened slowly and all the pain rushed back into his body. He groaned loudly."Hey." Felicity said softly, rubbing circles on his hand with her thumb. "Hey." He replied. She smiled. "So." He said, trying to sit up a bit, pain shooting through his body at the effort. "What's wrong with me?" Felicity placed a hand on his chest, trying to get him to relax. "You're covered in hideous bruises from head to toe, for starters. They had to stitch up your hand. Your entire right forearm and wrist are broken. And you've got a couple of broken ribs." He felt all of it. It sucked.

"Are you okay?" Oliver asked Felicity. "I'm fine, you shouldn't worry about me." She giggled. "What?" She starting laughing a little. "You've got a huge bump on your head, it looks like there's another head growing." Oliver reached up to feel it. Felicity was right, it was huge. "Do I have to have anything done?" Felicity shook her head. "You've had scans everywhere and minor surgery on your arm. It's all done." He nodded slightly.

Oliver heard crunching and got worried. Did it come from him? Did he wreck something? Diggle walked into the room eating a bag of potato chips. "Oh, hey, you're awake." Oliver nodded again. "How're you feeling?" Digg asked. "I could be better." Oliver replied. Digg smirked. "I think we'll leave you to rest, right John?" Felicity said. He nodded. "See you later Oliver." Felicity and leaned down to kiss his bruised forehead. "See you." Digg just smiled and waved. It didn't take long for Oliver to drift off to sleep.

Oliver leaned against a rock while Slade tried to put his shoulder back in its socket. "Slade." Oliver murmured. "What?!" They were sitting outside the Amazo and that obviously frustrated him. "You're nowhere near my socket, and this is hurting really bad." Oliver moaned. "I don't care!" Slade pushed hard on Oliver's arm and heard a pop. Oliver screamed in pain. "Move the thing!" Slade shouted. Oliver moved his shoulder around to check if it was working.

"Let's go!"

Slade and Oliver fought through guard after guard, soldier after soldier to get to Shado. They finally found the room where she was being held hostage. Finally, this mission could be over. Slade practically crushed the door and moved it to the side. Shadow looked up. "Slade? Is that you?" Slade run to her. "Yes, it's me, you're safe now." He said calmly. Oliver stood back. He knew not to interfere when they were having a moment.

"Did they hurt you?" Shado shook her head. "Hardly." Slade demeanour turned aggressive. "What did they do?" He asked slowly. "It was an accident, one of them dropped their knife and it cut my foot. It's nothing really." Slade's breathing turned heavy. "It was accident Slade, I'm fine." Oliver moved forward. "Slade, she said it was an accident. "It's not okay! It's never okay when she gets hurt!" Slade crushed the chains bounding Shado to the concrete floor. "Slade, it's nothing, really." Oliver put a hand on his shoulder "She's okay."

Slade wrapped his hand around Oliver's neck, forcing him roughly against the wall. "Stop talking!" Slade squeezed harder. "Stop!" Shado screamed. Slade dropped him. Oliver fought for breath even though he could breathe.

Oliver's eyes shot open. The nurse came in to check his vitals and his injuries. She looked at his heart monitor. "Are you okay Mr. Queen. Was it a nightmare?" She asked. He started rubbing his fingers together, like he always did when he was anxious. "Something like that." She nodded and left. The phone beside him rang. He picked it up and held it to his ear. "Hello?" Oliver said.

"Hey kid, it's Slade. We're not done." Oliver looked out his hospital window and saw Slade in his armour speaking on the phone.

___________________________
PLEASE READ VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Thanks for being so patient with me. I have seen some slightly discouraging comments after going through each chapter. One in particular mentioned that they were falling to fast. Guys, please remember that they both had feelings for each other before Oliver went to war. Also the time jump, lots of possible bonding in there. Also, after the mid-season finale I'm finding it extremely difficult to write. If you have seen it you would know exactly what I'm talking about. So I may go on hiatus with the show for a little while. I'm also camping with little internet, so it's hard to find time to write at the moment. So, I would love for you to comment and vote and stuff because that always makes me feel like I'm doing something good. I would also like to quickly say something about my new (original) book! I released the prologue not long ago. It's called 'To Be Infinite' so if you would like to check it out that would be amazing! Comment on that book or tell me here if you enjoyed or just read it. I would love to hear what people think of it. Spread the word if you enjoyed it as well!

Wow, that was pretty long, I'm done though.

My apologies for the short hiatus.

-Ashlea