Fifteen - In The End

The healing process had been long. Too long. Oliver was done with rehab and physiotherapy. He was perched on the rooftop of a building.

"Are you sure you're ready? You've only just got back to training." Oliver sighed. "I can do this Felicity, I just need to find him." He heard her sigh in the comm-link. "I know you're desperate to end this, but you don't have to right now." Oliver shook his head. "I have to stop him, or he'll just keep coming back."

"You can be really stubborn, you know?" Oliver smirked. "That's why you love me." He heard a little giggle in his ear. "Alright, he's inside the building, I'm 98% sure he can't see you." Oliver saw Slade walk in, his mask in his hand. "I know you're here, come out and face me, kid!"

"Oliver, I love you, no matter what you have to do tonight, I always will." He could hear the concern in Felicity's voice. "I love you too." He replied as he nocked an arrow. He aimed for Slade's head. He was not taking any chances.

The tip of the arrow was perfectly aligned with Slade's head. Oliver took a deep breath, relaxing his arms. He let go of the string, sending the arrow speeding towards Slade's head. His hand shot up, catching the arrow before it hit him.

"Big mistake, Queen, face me like a man!" Oliver dropped down from his vantage point. "We meet again, last time didn't end so well for you, as I recall." Oliver was nervous and even a little scared. "It's over Slade, give up." He said with as much confidence as possible. Slade laughed. "It's over for one of us, Queen." Slade put on his mask and drew his swords.

Oliver sent three arrows flying his way. Slade sliced through each one. Oliver ran towards Slade, gaining enough momentum to slide underneath him, planting an explosive arrow in the hard concrete. Slade looked down as it exploded, sending him flying. He got up quickly, throwing an easily dodged knife Oliver's way. Oliver fired a few more arrows before Slade brought his swords down over Oliver's head.

He stopped both swords with his bow, barely able to stay standing trying to stop Slade's superhuman strength. Oliver kicked Slade in the midsection, stunning him. He fired three arrows, all three hitting their mark. Slade crumpled to his knees. Oliver puffed. "It's over Slade, you've lost." Slade just huffed out a laugh. "You think?"

Slade grabbed two arrows, pulling them out with ease. He stood up, pulling out the third. "You can't stop me, kid, I'm invincible!" Oliver punched Slade's face, cracking his mask. He proceeded to hit Slade in every weak spot he knew before Slade connected a boot with Oliver's chest.

"Smart, but you're still not good enough." Slade said. "Oliver, what's going on?" Felicity said in the comm-link. Slade back-handed Oliver, damaging his comms. Anything coming through was distorted and unrecognisable. He knew Felicity would be hacking the speaker system of Starling City's docks, and turning on the security camera microphones.

Slade started targeting his weaknesses, all the things he had injured in their previous meeting. The pain was horrific, almost unbearable. Slade picked Oliver up and tossed him across the room, but not before Oliver pulled out another explosive arrow. Slade was sent flying once again. Slade got up, but Oliver couldn't.

Slade limped over to him, chuckling as he did. He tore off his cracked mask, revealing his bloody, one eyed face. "I'm gonna enjoy this." He said. He kicked Oliver in the ribs. Oliver groaned. "You don't deserve this hood!" Slade screamed, tearing the hood from Oliver's jacket. "You didn't save her, you don't get to honour her!" Oliver tried to get up, earning a boot to the face in the process. "Anything to say, kid?"

Oliver looked up at Slade, spitting out blood. "You're sick." He grunted. Slade kicked him again. The speakers switched on. "Oliver!" Felicity's cry echoed around the room. "Well, your new girlfriend gets to hear you die." Oliver grabbed an arrow, holding it firmly in his hand. Slade picked him up by his collar. He slowly pushed his sword into Oliver's stomach. Oliver screamed.

He could feel the sword slowly moving through his body, puncturing organs and killing him. The second sword was forced into him a lot quicker. Oliver thrust the arrow through Slade's heart. "No!" Felicity's bloodcurdling scream could be heard for miles. "Well played, kid, looks like we're going to hell together." Slade's last breath was loud and long.

Oliver felt his eyes getting heavy. It was getting hard to breath. It was over. Oliver's breathing quickly became short, sharp intakes of air. He knew it was the end, there was no coming back from this. Felicity's pleas were growing quieter and quieter. Oliver closed his eyes, knowing he had done what he could to protect the ones he loved.

And he let out his last breath.

___________________________
So, this is the end.

This was always going to happen, it's in the title. Sorry for being a terrible updater and really getting lazy with this story. It really did become hard to write as time went on. But through this I have learned to be a better writer and I hope to write some original stories in the future, when I get time.

I hope you all enjoyed this story, it got WAY more reads than I ever thought anything I wrote would get. Thank you for the support and sticking with me through this roller coaster.

If you want to check out what's coming next for me, please follow and I'll try to keep you all updated.

Once again, thank you very much and enjoy the wonderful series that is Arrow!

- Ashlea