A- Amending

🚬Chapter 7🚬

   You've been crying ever since that day at the prison cell, Temari came to keep you company. You and her were actually good friends, surprisingly.
She used to bully you whenever she was in town and say things pertaining to your looks. But then one day you said, 'Well, unlike me, you look very beautiful.' and you said it with a smile.
She stopped bullying you, then some other kid decided to call you ugly. Then Temari beat the crap out of her, and you pretty much became friends after then.
   She really hates Shikamaru, especially after he called you annoying when you and him were around twelve. They got into a fight and she hated him after that. So when she found out the confession situation, she was pissed.
"Are you still crying?"
"What do you want me to do?"
"You don't need him. He's not worth it."
You cried even more.
"Okay, cry it out. You'll get over him. Eventually.. Maybe never.."

🚬🚬🚬

   Shikamaru was still shocked your confession back at the prison cell, he never thought that a four letter word would make him not want to eat, sleep, smoke or even play shogi. Shikamaru never really had a thing for you but..

Why did he like teasing you?

Why did he stand up for you?

Why doesn't he want anyone else but him making fun of you?

He was confused.

"Hungry, son?" His father asked him.
"Nah."
"How about a game of Shogi? I know I'll beat you this time." His father suggested.
"I'm not in the mood for Shogi. Not today."
"It's her isn't it? That girl who came for that assignment?"
Shikamaru didn't answer.
"Wait, wasn't she the girl that always did your homework?"
"Yeah, she was. Big deal." Shikamaru got up to walk out the kitchen when his father blocked him.
"Tell me what's the matter, son." He said.
Shikamaru didn't answer.
"I wouldn't be surprised if I were you. You both were together almost your entire lives, it's obvious that something will start blooming."
"How do you know that? How did you know that happened between us?"
"I'll tell you something. Your mother was very expressive of her feelings when she was a kid. When she was happy she'd climb on top of that Hokage tower and shouted it to the entire of Konoha and when she was angry, oh boy, she wanted to burn the whole village down.
When she was in love, she was quiet about it, surprisingly. I was dating this girl, and for some reason, your mom stopped talking to me. I confronted her about it and it was a shocker when she said she was in love with me. I married her and then you came around. Though it seems we fight a lot, we only do it because we love each other."
"What am I supposed to get outta this?" 
"You really are dense." His father said, and it felt like a slap across the face at the rememberance of what you said.

"You're really dense, you know that?"

"Confession takes a lot, especially when it's being forced out of you after it's been locked up for years. Then for that person to not feel the same way, it's a soul-crusher. So don't have her waiting. I suggest you go to her, now."
   Shikamaru didn't know what to say really, but 'Sorry' wasn't enough, but it's a starter.
He was just about to leave when his mom was at the door. "Do you have a story to tell too?"
"No, but I have these," She handed him a bunch of papers.
"Where did you get these?"
He asked, realising that these were the homework papers and assignments that you did from since grade school all the way to now.
"I found it in your room after it took me two hours
to clean. I think you should give it to her, and let her know that you kept them all these years."
He took it from her and hugged her, then left.

🚬🚬🚬

He knocked on your door,
Temari answered with a very sour face.
"You really have guts showing up here." She said, cracking her knuckles.
"I want you to help me with something." He said, not looking her in the eyes.
"Help you with what, exactly?"